Re: Photoshop subscription

  • karl shah-jenner
    Message 1 of 21 , May 16, 2013
      > They things you site about the
      > movie industry are in accurate in that it only takes into account theatre
      > tickets and not total income over life of the product. typically 10x the
      > box office sells.

      seems you're right

      Despite the continued posting of losses in the US market, according to a
      Reuters report, the gaming industry is projected to hit $70 billion,
      globally, up from $65 billion in 2011.

      Adding the sale of mobile games on smartphones and tablets, which show
      continued growth, the total value of the global video game industry is
      projected to be $78.5 billion for 2012.

      Citing DFC Intelligence figures, Reuters reported in June that revenue from
      global retail software sales (physical game sales) is likely to drop to $28
      billion, down from $29.5 billion in 2011.

      Online revenue, however - including digital delivery, subscriptions and
      Facebook games - are expected to rise to $24 billion, up from $18 billion in
      2011.

      Games vs Movies

      ..movies still outweighs its gaming rival by some margin. In 2012, the
      global movie production and distribution industry is projected to generate
      revenue of $126.8 billion, showing annualised growth of 0.8% for the past
      five years

      - http://businesstech.co.za/news/general/19901/games-vs-movies-who-wins/

      I'd been reading stats on a different site which contradicted the videogame
      sales V movies.

      http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Video_game_industry

      The U.S. video game industry boomed in the early 2000s and became one of the
      leading forms of entertainment in terms of total revenue. Presently, the
      industry is at around $22 billion for 2008 (conservative estimate) in the US
      and $30 to $40 billion globally. Here is how it compares with other
      entertainment industries.

      a.. Music industry - $10.4 billion (US 2008)[35] and $30 to $40 billion
      globally [36][37]
      b.. Movie industry - $9.5 billion (US)[38] and $27 billion globally.[39]
      c.. Book industry - $35.69 billion (US 2007) [40] and roughly $63 billion
      globally (2002) (Euromonitor Intl)
      d.. DVD industry - $23 billion (US)[41] (buying $16B, renting $7B)
      It surpassed the U.S. movie and music industry in 2005 and 2007
      respectively.
    • PhotoRoy6@...
      Message 2 of 21 , May 17, 2013
        Jan, How many did you sell?

        In a message dated 5/16/2013 9:46:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, jan@... writes:
        They had to do it. Do you have any idea of how many counterfeit copies of Photoshop there are? I’d be willing to bet that it is somewhere close to 100 million.

      • Jan Faul
        Message 3 of 21 , May 17, 2013

          The reason the Titanic sank was due to overload of pirated PS7’s. By filling the holds and crew quarters we managed to fit 47,876.621 owner kits into the ship. But  then that fool had to hit an iceberg. Or do I have it confused with the Exxon Valdez?

          On May 17, 2013, at 9:55 AM, PhotoRoy6@... wrote:

          Jan, How many did you sell?

          In a message dated 5/16/2013 9:46:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, jan@... writes:
          They had to do it. Do you have any idea of how many counterfeit copies of Photoshop there are? I’d be willing to bet that it is somewhere close to 100 million.

          Art Faul

          The Artist Formerly Known as Prints
          ------
          Camera Works - The Washington Post