Re: Question for the group.

  • Joseph Chamberlain
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 22, 2013
      Hi, Bobbie.

      I have already sold my previous camera. It was a fantastic camera but lacked some features that are becoming part of every DSLR today.

      I tried to use a Sky-Fi card or similar a while ago but it wasn't supported by the 1Ds Mk II. There was another app available for the iPad that allowed tethered shooting that also wasn't supported by that camera. There is an entirely new generation of accessories that require networking capabilities that appear to be available only on newer (and perhaps more expensive) bodies.

      Thank you for your answer and for bringing up some really good points.

      Joseph.

      On February 21, 2013, at 3:27 PM, BL BLAZY <blb820@...> wrote:

      Joseph,

      Normally an addition of new equipment requires extensive testing of
      the system to insure accurate medical images. I would like to suggest
      you keep the body you have now and designate its use to medical only.
      Same with lenses where possible. These things have a way of ending up
      in a court of law now and then, the tighter your standards are - the
      less likely it is to introduce contamination. In addition you will
      have a ( or another) back up body.

      Am curious if anyone here has successfully used skyfi with the body
      you are currently using.  Going to a skyfi card with a older Nikon did
      not flow as smoothly as expected within the
      clinic I had worked in.  Perhaps this alone will finalize the decision.

      - Bobbie

    • Bob
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 22, 2013
        Joseph,

        Go to Yahoo.com   then GROUPS  -> FIND A GROUP -> BROWSE GROUPS -> HOBBIES AND CRAFTS -> there is a 'search window' and enter EOS 5D Mark II.

        You'll find a few but the one named
        Canon5DMarkSeries is the most active.  When I looked now the most recent post was 1 hour ago.  Another group was1 week ago and the third was 6 months ago.

        When you see the group listed there is a line,  'Join this group'  in blue.

        Bob

        On 2/22/2013 1:48 PM, Joseph Chamberlain wrote:
        Hi, Bob.

        How can I join this group and read the discussions on the 6D you mentioned ?

        Thank you,

        Joseph.

        On February 21, 2013, at 7:52 AM, Bob <w8imo@...> wrote:

        There has been an ongowing discussion about the EOS 6D on the Canon5DMarkSeries yahoo group.

        Canon5DMarkSeries@yahoogroups.com

        Bob

        --
        Money can't buy happiness--- But somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than a Kia.

        --
        Money can't buy happiness--- But somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than a Kia.