Re: Comments

  • wildimages@lineone.net
    Message 1 of 92 , May 1, 2012
      >Rob Talbot
      >Thingy: I may have missed this in a previous message, but what is your “Thingy,” Rob? All kinds of things can be
      thought of just from this shape. It’s interesting and that makes it a good photograph.

      >Marilyn

      Thanks for taking the time to comment on ALL the images.

      Thingy?

      It was just a tomato ... nothing more exciting than that.
      And when I'd finished photographing it - I sliced it and put in in a sandwich.

      Rob
    • Marilyn
      Message 92 of 92 , Jan 19, 2014
        Mario Filipe Pires
        Bird of prey:  It took me a minute, but I got it.  I like the photograph – the grainy, industrial-like roughness and the light.  The title made me do some digging and observing.  That’s a good thing.

        Rene M Hales
        Flowers Along the Canal:  The larger, brighter flower backed by darker, smaller flowers radiating out make an interesting composition.  This image of the poppy is more interesting than most.

        Klaus Knuth
        Thornbush:  The first words that came to my mind were, “striking,” and “strong.”  I like the lighting.  Also, the grape vines(?) in the background give this image a vintage, taken-after-a-war look.  Well done.

        Jim Snarski
        Inversion:  The patch work quilt-like pattern of the ground is interesting.  I always enjoy seeing this when I am traveling through farm country.  The outcrop of hills in the background add interest as do the smoke and plane parts.

        Randy Little
        Jason, Ting Ting, Tsai, and THE DRIVER:  This made me smile.  It’s such an everyday scene, but the driver’s expression and inclusion makes this different from the norm.

        John Palcewski
        Finger:  I live in southern California.  I see this finger a lot.  Sometimes, as in this photograph, the middle, longer finger is just more convenient to use for some jobs.  It was astute of you, though, to see and photograph it in what must have been a very short period of time.

        Roy Miller
        Nuts:  Colors, textures and a message all in one.  I enjoy the humor.

        Emily Ferguson
        At the Lobster Trap lighting ceremony, Provincetown, MA:  Interesting, unusual and makes for lots of questions.  Can you tell us more about the ceremony?  Does it take place annually?  Why light the lobster traps?  Do you have a photograph of the traps after they are lit?

        Bob McCulloch
        Ellsworth Tracks:  The first thing I thought of was the movie, Stand by Me.  It also brings back memories of a short story written by a local author, and scenes from other movies and books.  I once wrote a poem mentioning rail road tracks.  They seem to have some kind of special meaning.  I’m going to have to do some research on this.  Thanks for the memories{;->

        The images in this show are quite different and enjoyed viewing them  Thank you for the photographers who contributed and to Andy and staff for hanging the show.

        Marilyn