Re: PF members exhibit on 28/01/12

  • Trevor Cunningham
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 1, 2012
      On 1/28/12 11:22 PM, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:
      > The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated 28 JAN, 2012. Authors with work now on display at:http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include

      > Emily Ferguson - waiting at Logan
      Tonality and composition for the monochrome image are spot on. A vision
      of comfort in any airport is always welcoming. The fact that one chair
      is empty throws it all off for me. But this is likely the
      disproportionate amount of time I spend in airports. I suppose this
      image speaks to the solitude of travel today. It's so easy to disconnect
      yourself when in transit.

      Lea Murphy - Bloch Museum interior detail, Kansas City
      Nice abstract. Nice composition. Fullish range of tones in another
      monochrome image for this week's gallery. For me it's too static...I'm
      not getting anything from it.

      Sherie Taylor - Venice Pier Sunset
      Nice shot, I would have cloned out the green lens flare, though the
      other ones are tolerable considering the angle. Venice Beach? This image
      would have been helped by the addition of a junkie laid out in the wet sand.

      Trevor Cunningham - rise of the planet
      Rubbish.

      Dan Mitchell - Cloisters
      Durham? Well exposed. Not sure how the steps and the old-age-pensioner
      were intended to fit in the image. I might have waited, god knows how
      long, for the man with the cane to exit the image and moved forward
      several feet to minimize interruption of location context...but that's
      me. Does that even make sense? Unless you're making a new/old statement,
      which I don't believe this image attempts, this seems random or rushed.

      Bob McCulloch - Morning Fire
      Whenever sunrises or sunsets are the subject, and the foreground is
      included in the image, I cannot help but be reminded of how impossible
      it is to capture such a moment of beauty.

      John Palcewski - Darkroom/Bedroom 1998
      Still life and fantasy...are photographers really so boring?

      Andrew Davidhazy - White noise
      Your note makes me think of the phrase "He's forgotten more ways to kill
      a man than you can think of." I imagine it's nice to feel your images
      stand on their own without explanation.