PF members exhibit on 10-01-11

  • Andrew Davidhazy
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2011
      The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated AUG 1, 2011. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

      Katharina Kitaeva - Autumn of my life
      John Palcewski - Post
      John Retallack - Still open:
      Michael Hughes - Quick change artist at work
      Sherie Taylor - Wind Mill
      Trevor Cunningham - palm silhouette
      Christopher Strevens - Road to Budapest
      Bob Talbot - House Number 6

      In Waiting: Strevens, Ferguson

      PF members: this is YOUR exhibit space in a manner of speaking! use at will!

      Contributors! Find instructions at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery-sub.html

      To participate in this activity send your contributions early and anything you can do to prepare the photographs so they do not require additional adjustment would be much appreciated. Especially keeping them near 100Kb in maximum size. Please take an extra minute to abide by this request but if you have doubts about how to prepare images just send them anyway and the capable gallery staff will adjust them for exhibition.

      From: Dotty

      PF on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=234442540144&ref=mf
    • John Palcewski
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2011
        Katharina Kitaeva, Autumn of my life Quite dramatic and effective
        use of selective focus. To the right are memories, blurred. The
        girl is in the stark, harsh and sharp here and now. Fabulous shot.

        John Retallack, Still open: Subtle play of shadows, and a
        metaphorical closed door. Chair is suggestive of bars in a jail cell.
        We may read into this abstractuib what we will, without fear of
        contradiction. We see what we wish to see.

        Michael Hughes, Quick change artist at work. Despite the sunshine
        this seems a rather gloomy shot. For one thing, the cyclist is
        standing in a puddle. For another, the rest of the pack has left him
        far behind. Neither of the two seems at all concerned.

        Sherie Taylor, Wind Mill This image has a potentially interesting
        subject but it's spoiled by the overexposure. Photoshopping might not
        succeed in punching it up enough.

        Trevor Cunningham, palm silhouette. Chaos, disorder. A tangled
        mess. This can't mean anything good.

        Chris Strevens, Road to Budapest. The desolation and bleakness of
        the scene is depressing. Like being on a 1,500 mile road trip, and
        you have to stop because you are exhausted.

        Rob Talbot, House Number 6. Interesting juxtaposition of warm vs.
        cold color. And of course citing geographical coordinates is much
        easier than typing out
        Penrhyndeudraeth, Gwynedd LL48 6, United Kingdom.