Photo stitching application "in the cloud"

  • Stephen Ylvisaker
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2011
      I attended MacWorld in San Francisco this last weekend. One of the vendors, called Youbiq, was promoting a new "cloud-based" service and application for stitching photos from iPhones (or other camera phones) to make panoramic photos. The demonstration was intriguing, and caused me to remember someone on this forum that has used an iPhone app to do such things. Youbiq promises their application will do a better job, because it puts most of the processing on their servers so that the small processor on the camera phone isn't over-taxed.

      I don't have an iPhone, at this time, so this is otherwise not very useful for myself, but it is interesting enough to recommend checking it out, at YOUBIQ. For a limited time, if ordering, use the code Macworld2011 for 20% savings and free shipping.

      They also offer a nicely designed tripod for the iPhone.

      Stephen
    • Herschel Mair
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2011
        I have the iPhone app and it works really well... or at least it did when my iPhone was working (Before I "Repaired" the cracked glass)
        It's so easy to use that my 5 year old daughter shot and stitched at least a 100 panoramas sometimes with a dozen images each... she loved it.

        And it did a really brilliant job... and I think the app cost a dollar.. maybe two.
        Herschel