Cheap Simple Slide Show

  • R. E. Baker
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 2, 2010
      Hi Gang..........

      Here is what I need to do...........................

      I have a number of jpegs. from a Stage Show I am working on.

      I want to be able to make a slide
      show of them that I can burn onto a CD/DVD.

      I don't need anything fancy or need
      to have music or any other thing on it.

      I just need to have it to run when it is put in a CD/DVD player.

      I have CS4 and I have Irfan View.

      Is there a simple program for free that I can download that will do this?

      Russ

      R.E. Baker Photography
    • mark@masteroftheimage.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 2, 2010
        The first question is are you going to use a computer to play the disk cd/dvd??  If it has to be in a dvd player, some these days will do a slide show of jpgs with just the jpgs on a disk.  I just got a new tv that actually has a usb port in the back.  Put the files on a compact flash or thumb driver and low and behold you are set.

        Yet its not always that simple.  The older the equipment the tougher it is, but first decide what you want to present it on.  You may find it worthwhile to pick up a cheap DVD player than to deal with software.  If its something you have to distribute to a large number of people to view on their own machines its tougher.  You don't know what they can read or not read.

        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 2, 2010
          It has to run on a basic DVD player.
          NOT a computer.

          I need to be able to insert it and hit play and have the slide show run.

          It is going to run as slide show in
          the green room of the production..............

          It will not be to run on the CD/DVDs I sell
          which most people view on their computer.

          mark@... wrote:
          > The first question is are you going to use a computer to play the disk
          > cd/dvd?? If it has to be in a dvd player, some these days will do a
          > slide show of jpgs with just the jpgs on a disk. I just got a new tv
          > that actually has a usb port in the back. Put the files on a compact
          > flash or thumb driver and low and behold you are set.
          >
          > Yet its not always that simple. The older the equipment the tougher it
          > is, but first decide what you want to present it on. You may find it
          > worthwhile to pick up a cheap DVD player than to deal with software. If
          > its something you have to distribute to a large number of people to view
          > on their own machines its tougher. You don't know what they can read or
          > not read.

        • פיני וולך
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 3, 2010
            Those who want to see the first book can download it from my web site.

            Pini
            Pinimage.com