old lenses

  • Chuck Heiney
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2010
      I thought I'd put this out to the members of this list. I would like
      to find a source fora lens, preferably in working condition, that
      would be of the sort that the mid to late 19th century photogs -
      O'Sullivan, Jackson, et al - would used for their landscapes. Or does
      anyone have any idea what a modern day equivalents would be in focal
      length and aperture - especially the widest opening. Ultimately I'd
      like to experiment with this old glass on a medium format digital back.

      Thanks,

      Chuck
    • Gregory
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2010
        Chuck,

        Try www.keh.com

        Take care out there,
        Gregory
        www.fireframeimaging.com
        www.ebbtidegalleryofgifts.com
        http://soundexposure.org
      • Bob
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2010
          Chuck,
          You might try
          Central Camera in Chicago   http://www.centralcamera.com   they're in their 111th year.
           Yup, that's one hundred and eleven.....

          Bob

          On 6/2/2010 8:26 PM, Chuck Heiney wrote: I thought I'd put this out to the members of this list. I would like to find a source fora lens, preferably in working condition, that would be of the sort that the mid to late 19th century photogs - O'Sullivan, Jackson, et al - would used for their landscapes. Or does anyone have any idea what a modern day equivalents would be in focal length and aperture - especially the widest opening. Ultimately I'd like to experiment with this old glass on a medium format digital back.

          Thanks,

          Chuck

          --

                                     /////