RE: Do You know anything?

  • herschel
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
      Well Hasselblad is now made by FUJI (I think the internal shutter mechanism
      is still Swedish)...
      even the lenses are made by Fuji.. no longer made by Zeiss.

      herschel

      >>"Medium-Format Film Camera
      >>In a special exhibit, Fujifilm will feature a prototype of a new portable
      >>medium-format film camera. Even as the company innovates in digital
      >>imaging
      >>technology, Fujifilm remains true to its heritage and to the acknowledged
      >>superior image quality delivered by professional photographic film
      >>products.
      >>Fujifilm is committed to further expanding the world of imaging whether in
      >>digital or analog technologies."
      >>
      >>Any other MF addicts out there?
      >>
      >>Peeter

    • Peeter Vissak
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
        Well, Fuji has manufactured MF cameras and lenses almost forever, but what
        to say about this
        "prototype of a n e w p o r t a b l e M F f i l m c a m e r a" ???

        Seems weird these days, when everyone, owing a hasselblad or mamiya AFD or
        whatsoever,
        can easily dispose/ trash/ combust his/her 39 MPix back and buy a dirty
        cheap film back 120/220 or Pola . . .
        LN or Mint

        Peeter

        > Well Hasselblad is now made by FUJI (I think the internal shutter
        > mechanism
        > is still Swedish)...
        > even the lenses are made by Fuji.. no longer made by Zeiss.
        >
        > herschel
        >
        >>>"Medium-Format Film Camera
        >>>In a special exhibit, Fujifilm will feature a prototype of a new portable
        >>>medium-format film camera. Even as the company innovates in digital
        >>>imaging
        >>>technology, Fujifilm remains true to its heritage and to the acknowledged
        >>>superior image quality delivered by professional photographic film
        >>>products.
        >>>Fujifilm is committed to further expanding the world of imaging whether
        >>>in
        >>>digital or analog technologies."
        >>>
        >>>Any other MF addicts out there?
        >>>
        >>>Peeter

      • Pablo Coronel

          > Well Hasselblad is now made by FUJI (I think the internal shutter
          > mechanism
          > is still Swedish)...
          > even the lenses are made by Fuji.. no longer made by Zeiss.
          >
          > herschel
          >
          >>>"Medium-Format Film Camera
          >>>In a special exhibit, Fujifilm will feature a prototype of a new portable
          >>>medium-format film camera.  Even as the company innovates in digital
          >>>imaging
          >>>technology, Fujifilm remains true to its heritage and to the acknowledged
          >>>superior image quality delivered by professional photographic film
          >>>products.
          >>>Fujifilm is committed to further expanding the world of imaging whether
          >>>in
          >>>digital or analog technologies."
          >>>
          >>>Any other MF addicts out there?
          >>>
          >>>Peeter

        • Pablo Coronel
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
            PS. Someone posted pictures of this:
            http://www.grafika.cz/art/df/pma08-prvni-dojmy.html  - scroll almost to the end
            Seems like a 6x7 Retina with Aperture-priority and hot-shoe?

            On Feb 1, 2008 1:31 PM, Pablo Coronel <pablo.coronel.70@...> wrote:
            Depending how ou define "portable" this maybe interesting
            Are they bringing a model a-la-Mamiya6?

            On Feb 1, 2008 10:42 AM, Peeter Vissak <pv@...> wrote:
            Well, Fuji has manufactured MF cameras and lenses almost forever, but what
            to say about this
            "prototype of a  n e w  p o r t a b l e  M F  f i l m  c a m e r a" ???

            Seems weird these days, when everyone, owing a hasselblad or mamiya AFD or
            whatsoever,
            can easily dispose/ trash/ combust his/her 39 MPix back and buy a dirty
            cheap film back 120/220 or Pola . . .
            LN or Mint

            Peeter

            > Well Hasselblad is now made by FUJI (I think the internal shutter
            > mechanism
            > is still Swedish)...
            > even the lenses are made by Fuji.. no longer made by Zeiss.
            >
            > herschel
            >
            >>>"Medium-Format Film Camera
            >>>In a special exhibit, Fujifilm will feature a prototype of a new portable
            >>>medium-format film camera.  Even as the company innovates in digital
            >>>imaging
            >>>technology, Fujifilm remains true to its heritage and to the acknowledged
            >>>superior image quality delivered by professional photographic film
            >>>products.
            >>>Fujifilm is committed to further expanding the world of imaging whether
            >>>in
            >>>digital or analog technologies."
            >>>
            >>>Any other MF addicts out there?
            >>>
            >>>Peeter

          • Alexander Georgiadis

              --
              Alex Georgiadis
            • karl shah-jenner
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
                Alexander Georgiadis writes:

                That is a real baffler. Why? Retro-madness?

                there's still a healthy demand for high quality images, and the sales in Russian MF 'Moskva' folders is good
                http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180206252535

                folders are also very convenient! I tuck one away with me when I travel.

                here's pics of the Fuji:
                http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/18141/fujifilm-medium-format-camera/
              • Tim Mulholland
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 2, 2008
                  Regarding the new Fuji camera, there's a post on another former (photo.net/medium format) from a person who saw the camera at PMA.  They saw two similar models, different colors (chrome, black?).  The folks staffing Fuji's PMA exhibit didn't seem to be able to answer questions.  But, the indications are that it's something like a Pentax 67II w/AE metering...

                  My $0.02 worth (but, I don't know which currency)...  ;)

                  Tim!
                  Tim Mulholland
                  Illuminata Photo
                  Fitchburg, WI
                  608/628-2925

                  www.TimMulholland.com
                  Featuring fine art and stock landscape & nature images, and available to create and refresh your wedding and family memories...

                  The most fatal illusion is the settled point of view.  Since life is growth and motion, a fixed point of view kills anybody who has one.  ~~  Brooks Atkinson, American drama critic, (1894-1984)

                • Peeter Vissak
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 2, 2008
                    Fuji used to make LOTS of brilliant rangefinder cameras, 6X7 and 6X9. Normal and wideangle.
                    This one could even fit some sort of bigger pocket. Otherwise those rangefinders were pretty large . . . but sharp!

                    Peeter

                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 2, 2008
                      Why retro-madness me guess that this is a camera aimed to the japan market, which means that most (if not all) will end up in glass shelves never to be used.
                      I'd be surprised if the price is below $1000.

                      On the other hand MF folders are convenient and cool, I use a couple of those from the 50s (35mm and MF) and the quality is excellent in a portable camera.