Re: New Book being published -- Shameless Self-Promotion!?

  • Marilyn Dalrymple
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2008
      Congratulatiosn, Don. This is such exciting news.

      I'd love to see the covers, please.

      Marilyn
    • Kostas Papakotas
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 3, 2008
        Don that kinda of SSP is worthless without a link....

        Seems VERY interesting theme and execution....Congrats

        BTW since no one complained about your SSP I conclude that it is not unless one is fishing buyers (which you did not). In fact I consider such anouncements beneficial for the list.

        All the best to you all in a Happy New Year...Kostas

        Don Feinberg <ducque@...> έγραψε:
        List,

        I'd like to do a somewhat gentle, but still somewhat shameless
        self-promotion...

        I am just now publishing my first book. It is a photo-monograph on the
        Eastern State Penitentiary, a nearly two-century old "fortress" of a prison
        in Philadelphia.

        Eastern State Penitentiary today is a "stabilized ruin". I had not been in
        it for 10 minutes when I knew I simply had to do a monograph about it. The
        form, the color, the line, ... is just amazing, fabulous!

        But its history is just as fabulous. I think this place should be better
        known than Alcatraz -- but hey, it's in Pennsylvania, not in San Francisco!

        I have found so many contradictions -- I call my book "The Paradoxes of
        Eastern State Penitentiary".

        Don Feinberg
        donfeinberg@...

        No matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...

        kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
        http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography
        HAM Radio: SW2MKL - Echolink node: SV2BZQ-R / R4 Edessa / 121496

        Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!

      • WJM
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 21 10:53 PM
          ADavidhazy-2 wrote:

          > WJ expanded on my original list of flange depths. And I started
          > based on a list printed in a Modern Photography. ;)

          No, I didn't....;))
          It started with a (very) rudimentary fax from SRB/UK....still have that fax
          somewhere,
          at least 1 decade old, if not 2....:))

          But all that is back online now....:))

          > But there are several websites that list them ... somewhere.

          But back then nobody did, nor does anyone today have a similar extensive
          list, TTBOMK.
          (unless copied, like WikiPedia I believe)

        • tea
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 22 12:46 AM
            WJM <w.j.markerink@...> wrote:

            ADavidhazy-2 wrote:

            > WJ expanded on my original list of flange depths. And I started
            > based on a list printed in a Modern Photography. ;)

            No, I didn't....;))
            It started with a (very) rudimentary fax from SRB/UK....still have that fax
            somewhere,
            at least 1 decade old, if not 2....:))

            But all that is back online now....:))

            > But there are several websites that list them ... somewhere.

            But back then nobody did, nor does anyone today have a similar extensive
            list, TTBOMK.
            (unless copied, like WikiPedia I believe)

          • ADavidhazy
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 22 5:39 AM
              I stand corrected. Maybe we had an exchange about the topic and I jumped to
              the conclusion I did. Maybe not. Maybe I just imagined it. Quite possible
              these days! And I must admit that your list is about as comprehensive as I
              have seen anywhere. Mine is pre-autofocus. And it still is only that. In
              fact the whole PhotoForum FAQ files are mostly pre-digital! They may have
              some historical interest someday.

              BTW, I have several boxes ... maybe 8 or so, of H.Lou Gibson's reference
              materials regarding infrared and ultraviolet photography. Articles, papers,
              pamphlets, etc. going back to the 30's till the 70's or so and if anyone
              wants to give them a good home I'd be glad to give them away for free.

              andy