Re: Good camera for non- pro uses

  • Howard
    Message 1 of 34 , Jan 1, 2007
      William Ellis wrote:
      > Howard,
      >
      > What kind of batteries are you using and what kind of life do you get
      > per charge?

      Not really kept a record, but around 100 ~ 150 shots only. But then I'm
      always using the monitor etc.

      H.
    • Pini Vollach
      Message 34 of 34 , Jan 2, 2007
        ????? Bob:
        > Emily L. Ferguson wrote:
        >

        >> But for a regular P&S type camera I think AAs should be a purchasing
        >> criterion, personally.
        >

        > I agree.
        > But high capacity Lithium Ion cells can be made in physically small
        > packages and P&Sers generally look for small size cameras. The life of
        > a charge on a Lithium Ion cell lasts long enough that some people
        > forget to charge the thing when going to an event. Then "too bad so
        > sad the battery is dead!!"
        >
        > Two Christmases ago a friend wanted to buy a P&S for his son who was
        > starting a construction company and would be using it to photograph
        > his projects. He asked which of a group I would buy and why. The two I
        > selected had AA cells for power, a plus in this application because AA
        > cells are available almost everywhere.
        >
        > Bob

        I have a G5 that has similar battery as the G7
        I like the fact that this battery fit my EOS 5D and vise versa
        The same with the CF card not to mention the EX580 flash.

        Pini