Comments on PF March 25 photographs

  • Andrew Davidhazy
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2006
      Jim Snarski - Western Scrub Jay. Very appealing photograph of this bird. I might
      have positioned it maybe a smidgen more to the left to put it slightly off center.

      Marilyn Dalrymple - Day Before Dying. Nice colors and composition. Cropped a
      little too tightly for my taste. Translucent quality of flower is eye catching.

      Peeter Vissak - Lotta. Nice photograph as well. Fun shot. Action photos like
      this make one wonder about sharp vs. blurry reproduction. I like the photograph
      and I guess that is what matters to me.

      Guy Glorieux - The tourists. I am not sure this photograph "speaks" to me as
      intended. It does makes me wonder why the blurry transparent images are as they
      are. Not sure they add to a more conventional rendition of a touris group
      scattered around the square.

      Lea Murphy - Lauren, college senior portrait. Hmmmm, the books don't quite come
      through. Otherwsie I like the posing and the lighting.

      D.L. Shipman - All Hallows Eve visitor, 2005. Cute. Off frame gaze is a bit
      troubling to me but it does lend a bit of mystery to photograph. The
      backlighting adds to the appeal of the image for me.

      Dan Mitchell - Sentinels. Well exposed! Centered composition supports the
      "interpretation".

      Trevor Cunningham - Tannery Exhaust. Not quite sure what to make of this one.
      Sorry.

      Andy
    • Peeter Vissak
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2006

        >Peeter Vissak - Lotta. Nice photograph as well.
        >Fun shot. Action photos like this make one
        >wonder about sharp vs. blurry reproduction. I
        >like the photograph and I guess that is what matters to me.

        Thanks, Andy!

        A pin-sharp jumping dog would be possible, but unrealistic!
        The playing ground of old Albrecht Dürer, I guess :)

        Peeter
      • Marilyn
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2006
          Thank you for the comments on the photographs, Andy.

          Marilyn

        • Cap'n Jimmy
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2006
            At 9:15 -0500 4/1/06, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:
            >Jim Snarski - Western Scrub Jay. Very appealing photograph of this
            >bird. I might have positioned it maybe a smidgen more to the left to
            >put it slightly off center

            Thanks for your comments, Andy...appreciate your stepping in
            as a reviewer...

            Jim
            Baja Oregon