Re: Brief comments on this week's photographs

  • LScottPht@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2004
      Andy-
      Thanks for the review. Yes, it was a small room and most of the rooms have
      very little light. This one was lighted better than the others. Yes, the
      conditions that these people work under are very sad, but they are committed to
      helping these kids get an education. The sad thing about it is that the people who
      go all the way through school and have been well-educated find it very
      difficult to get jobs that are up to their level of education. The jobs that do exist
      in Haiti are laborer type jobs, and since these people are well educated,
      they refuse to do this type of work. So, they end up being on the unemployment
      list. It's a sad cycle.

      Leslie

      << Leslie Spurlock - The Teacher: Very good environmental portrait in my
      opinion.
      Obviously a math/finance lesson. Looks like an awfully small room.
      Illustrates
      the stressful conditions under which these teachers have to try to raise the
      educational level of the people.

    • Photogonow@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2004
        In a message dated 7/31/04 10:59:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time, andpph@... writes:

        jIMMY Harris - Some Girls Got It!: Nice action photograph. Looks like girl and
        horse are operating at 100% throttle and in unison almost as if horse already
        knew the number they were going for. Impossible I know but ...

        Thanks ANDY,

        Sometimes You just hafta use whatever ya got . . .  where ever You happen to be,  whether You wanted to be there - - or not.  Luck helps alot.

           jIMMY
      • Peeter Vissak
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 6, 2004
          >Peeter Vissak - Summer afternoon: Four (4) ... am I right? :) Were they trying
          >to chase you away like barnswallows do to me when I set up to photograph their
          >young? I bet the environment around you when you made the photograph was just
          >wonderful. I'm jealous for not having experienced it also!

          Thanks, Andy!
          I counted three (3), but there may be subspecies or hybrids ;o)
          No, they actually did not 'notice' me at all, there was a rare
          concentration of flying insects, as it happened to be practically the first
          sunny (almost), hot and quiet afternoon in this summer. After all these
          stormy, windy, rainy cold months.
          Yes, by now we have had 5 hot days already, so life is fine!

          About the environment - I have said it and repeat it over - the
          World-Wide-Gathering or PF-ers could easily be organized here. Let me know
          and I will organize exactly the same environment. Even better ;o)

          Peeter