RE: What's this?

  • Gregory Fraser
    Message 1 of 83 , Apr 1 4:59 AM

      The sample images left me far short of breathless but not being a photojournalist I decided to reserve comment. I also wondered about the statement that the camera's shallow DOF emphasized the speaker in one shot. I have never heard of the author of the article but I began to wonder how much he knew about photography.

      Greg
    • Randy Little
      Message 83 of 83 , Nov 5, 2015
        What man made thing is in Capt's shot?  Removing MAN MADE things is different

        On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 11:29 AM, Bob <w8imo@...> wrote:
        Back when I first got into photography I was taught that nature shots did not show the "hand of man", like birds on a telephone wire, etc.   So removing things do not make it less of a nature shot.

        Bob

        On 11/5/2015 9:25 AM, Randy Little wrote:
        Well I  am not much one for removing things from shots of Nature.   Its really not Nature then anymore is it?   The branch going up is distracting but I personally am not sure its a bad thing.   It makes the image something to explore.  Now I might be biased since I worked on the PBS Nature episode of Humming birds but I like it.   I just think the top should be darker to help bring us down from the top of the image.  The sharp of the branch is like a nice path that brings use along the flowers to the nice surprise.   I am guessing that this flower gets a good amount of birds which allowed you to set up and wait for this to happen.

        --
        Never trust atoms..... They make up everything.