132Latin [was Re: A Solution to the Israeli-Palestinian Problem]

    Nov 17 8:05 AM
      On Wednesday 17 November 2004 16:31, Nadav Har'El wrote:
      > On Wed, Nov 17, 2004, Ofir Carny wrote about "Re: A Solution to the
      Israeli-Palestinian Problem":
      > > Many factual and logical errors, plus failing to state the premises
      > > and definitions (e.g. 'facts'), plus ignoring all problems that would
      > > result from said plan, plus the aim of the actual plan is nowhere to
      > > be found. The plan seems to be the end and not the means.
      >
      > But at least the plan doesn't involved the fighting parties starting to
      > use Linux :-)
      >
      > Linux vincit omnia.

      What is "vincit omnia"? A google search turned out nothing. I love it when
      people use Latin phrases that I don't understand. They try to sound profound
      using a language no-one understands. It sounds just as well in English or in
      Hebrew.

      For example, instead of saying "Cogito Ergo Sum" you can say "I think,
      therefore I am". Instead of "Sic Transit Gloria Mundi", you can say "So
      passes the Glory of the World".

      Homepage: http://www.shlomifish.org/