Re: [phillymusic] who will

  • OOTME2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 27, 2005
      In a message dated 6/27/05 9:57:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tallen@... writes:

      It sounds like we're going to try to put together a group to work on it -
      not any individual.

      I've been advised that this weekend may NOT be the best weekend to try to
      get together; many people have commitments for the 4th of July weekend. I
      completely understand. So instead, let's try the weekend of July 8th.
      Details will be forthcoming.

      By the introductions, it sounds like we've got a really talented and diverse
      group interested! I look forward to meeting you all.

      Regards,

      -TimFlip

      To unsubscribe, shoot an email to:

      Yahoo! Groups Links

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      tim LET ME KNOW  IF WE AT OOT CAN HELP -SO WHEN YOU CALL FOR A MEETING LET ME KNOW.  mike v

    • ACE
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 28, 2005
        some time around the 8th would be good for me too.

        Nik Salvo

        www.airportcircle.com

        OOTME2@... wrote:
[...]

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Michael Jacobs
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 28, 2005
          This is how I feel. I feel that there are to many
          great artists that are not signed to a label. I feel
          that philly music.com should establish its own label
          to support those artists that are not being
          recognized. This would be a big "F" you the labels
          that turn there noses up the people we have cherished
          in our community.

          --- OOTME2@... wrote:

          > Daylight Time,
          > tallen@... writes:
          >

          > > It sounds like we're going to try to put together
          > a group to work on it -
          > > not any individual.
          > >
          > > I've been advised that this weekend may NOT be the
          > best weekend to try to
          > > get together; many people have commitments for the
          > 4th of July weekend. I
          > > completely understand. So instead, let's try the
          > weekend of July 8th.
          > > Details will be forthcoming.
          > >
          > > By the introductions, it sounds like we've got a
          > really talented and diverse
          > > group interested! I look forward to meeting you
          > all.
          > >
          > > Regards,
          > >
          > > -TimFlip
          > >

          > > To unsubscribe, shoot an email to:
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >

          > > tim LET ME KNOW IF WE AT OOT CAN HELP -SO WHEN
          > YOU CALL FOR A MEETING LET
          > > ME KNOW. mike v

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Thomas Salvey of Abigail's End
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 28, 2005
            I think that would be great, but that means money and since phillymusic.com doesn't make any where is it going to come from.  I am open to ideas and to saying "F" you to them all

            Thomas Salvey
            http://www.abigailsend.com

            --- OOTME2@... wrote:

            > Daylight Time,
            > tallen@... writes:
            >

            > > It sounds like we're going to try to put together
            > a group to work on it -
            > > not any individual.
            > >
            > > I've been advised that this weekend may NOT be the
            > best weekend to try to
            > > get together; many people have commitments for the
            > 4th of July weekend. I
            > > completely understand. So instead, let's try the
            > weekend of July 8th.
            > > Details will be forthcoming.
            > >
            > > By the introductions, it sounds like we've got a
            > really talented and diverse
            > > group interested! I look forward to meeting you
            > all.
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > >
            > > -TimFlip
            > >

            > > To unsubscribe, shoot an email to:
            > >

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links
            > >

            > > tim LET ME KNOW  IF WE AT OOT CAN HELP -SO WHEN
            > YOU CALL FOR A MEETING LET
            > > ME KNOW.  mike v

          • ACE
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 28, 2005
              anyone want to suggest a time and place we all should meet?

              Nik Salvo

              --- OOTME2@... wrote:

              > Daylight Time,
              > tallen@... writes:
              >

              > > It sounds like we're going to try to put together
              > a group to work on it -
              > > not any individual.
              > >
              > > I've been advised that this weekend may NOT be the
              > best weekend to try to
              > > get together; many people have commitments for the
              > 4th of July weekend. I
              > > completely understand. So instead, let's try the
              > weekend of July 8th.
              > > Details will be forthcoming.
              > >
              > > By the introductions, it sounds like we've got a
              > really talented and diverse
              > > group interested! I look forward to meeting you
              > all.
              > >
              > > Regards,
              > >
              > > -TimFlip
              > >

              > > To unsubscribe, shoot an email to:
              > >

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links
              > >

              > > tim LET ME KNOW  IF WE AT OOT CAN HELP -SO WHEN
              > YOU CALL FOR A MEETING LET
              > > ME KNOW.  mike v

              To unsubscribe, shoot an email to:

              http://mail.yahoo.com

            • Tim Allen
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 28, 2005

                Why don’t we aim for July 8th, 7:30pm, at Union Jack’s in Roxborough? July 2nd sounded great until Live8 and July 4th weekend concerns were raised.

                Regards,

                -Tim

                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 28, 2005
                  well,
                  sundays are good for me and usaully weekends are
                  better. Just a suggestion but maybe a lunch at a place
                  like the mayfair diner on frankford ave. would be a
                  good place to meet for everyone. Also, maybe a center
                  city place, such as, pat's steaks or gino's if you are
                  the enemy..lol

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • Michael Jacobs
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jun 28, 2005
                    well, I do have a friend who establishing or actually
                    established his own label. He is a philly guy as well.
                    lives in bucks county. He does great recording.

                    <tom@...> wrote:

                    > I think that would be great, but that means money
                    > and since phillymusic.com doesn't make any where is
                    > it going to come from. I am open to ideas and to
                    > saying "F" you to them all
                    >

                    > Thomas Salvey
                    > http://www.abigailsend.com
                    > aol IM: AbigailsEnd

                    Yahoo! Sports
                    http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com
                  • Cindy Taylor
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jun 29, 2005
                      center city would be good for me on a saturday or sunday since i'm all still in school -feels all young-

                      xSinHx

                      --- ACE <airportcircle@...> wrote:

                      > anyone want to suggest a time and place we all
                      > should meet?

                      > Nik Salvo

                      > www.airportcircle.com
                      >

                      > Thomas Salvey of Abigail's End <tom@...>
                      > wrote:
                      > I think that would be great, but that means money
                      > and since phillymusic.com doesn't make any where is
                      > it going to come from.  I am open to ideas and to
                      > saying "F" you to them all

                      > Thomas Salvey
                      > http://www.abigailsend.com
                      > aol IM: AbigailsEnd

                      http://mail.yahoo.com

                    • Mike G
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jun 29, 2005
                        Personally, I cannot attend...but I'm planning on
                        trying to meet with Tim separately anyway, since I've
                        been involved with PhillyMusic.com as a moderator for
                        quite some time now.

                        What I'd ask is that someone keep detailed minutes of
                        the meeting. Nothing too formal if people just wanna
                        hang out and exchange ideas and what not. Just want
                        to be able to get a sense of what I'm missing...and if
                        anyone else can't be there on the 8th, or comes into
                        the process late, they'll have an inkling of the
                        progress thusfar.

                        Just my $.02

                        -Mike

                        PS - Yes, Timbo, this means you'll be getting a call
                        from me in the next few days. Lucky you. :-)

                        --- Tim Allen <tallen@...> wrote:

                        > Why don't we aim for July 8th, 7:30pm, at Union
                        > Jack's in Roxborough? July
                        > 2nd sounded great until Live8 and July 4th weekend
                        > concerns were raised.
                        >

                        > Regards,
                        >

                        > -Tim
                        >

                        > _____

                        %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
                        From the Mind of...
                        http://mail.yahoo.com
                      • Michael Jacobs
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jun 29, 2005
                          I don't know many of you, But July 8th sounds good. I
                          look forward to meeting you all.
                          MJ

                          === message truncated ===

                          __________________________________
                          Discover Yahoo!
                        • Cindy Taylor
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jun 30, 2005
                            i can't wait either...did we decide on a location yet?? does anyone mind if my fiance tags along (he's kinda my ride anywhere right now lol)

                            Sinh

                            --- Mike G <theuberdude@...> wrote:

                            > Personally, I cannot attend...but I'm planning on
                            > trying to meet with Tim separately anyway, since
                            > I've
                            > been involved with PhillyMusic.com as a moderator
                            > for
                            > quite some time now.
                            >
                            > What I'd ask is that someone keep detailed minutes
                            > of
                            > the meeting.  Nothing too formal if people just
                            > wanna
                            > hang out and exchange ideas and what not.  Just want
                            > to be able to get a sense of what I'm missing...and
                            > if
                            > anyone else can't be there on the 8th, or comes into
                            > the process late, they'll have an inkling of the
                            > progress thusfar.
                            >
                            > Just my $.02
                            >
                            > -Mike
                            >
                            > PS - Yes, Timbo, this means you'll be getting a call
                            > from me in the next few days.  Lucky you. :-)
                            >
                            > --- Tim Allen <tallen@...> wrote:
                            >
                            > > Why don't we aim for July 8th, 7:30pm, at Union
                            > > Jack's in Roxborough? July
                            > > 2nd sounded great until Live8 and July 4th weekend
                            > > concerns were raised.
                            > >

                            > > Regards,
                            > >

                            > > -Tim
                            > >

                            > >   _____

                          • Disgruntled Sherpa
                            Message 13 of 15 , Nov 27, 2005

                              The Disgruntled Sherpa Project's newest song "In a Meadow" is now posted on the band's myspace website http://www.myspace.com/dsproject

                              The song is from the band's fifth album OLD HAT which is scheduled to be released on Neither Tenzing Norgay Records in February 2006. The song is also making its round on internet radio stations such as Sub Zero Radio and on college radio stations.

                              Also posted on myspace are three songs from the 2003 release, FARM LIVING. The songs, "Pennsylvania", "Monkey Knife Fight at Sea" and cult favorite "Captain Quaalude" join the new single on the site. In the months approaching the new albums release, older cuts from previous releases will be poated on the site.

                              For more information on the band please check out:
                              http://www.disgruntledsherpa.50megs.com

                              Thank you for your time.