Greetings

  • The Phantom
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 21, 2005
      Hi. A quick intro of myself as someone that can help with PhillyMusic.com.

      I have worked with computers for about 20 years. For the last 5 years
      or so, I have worked with Linux servers, setting them up from scratch,
      and launched websites using PHP and MySQL. (LAMP - Linux Apache MySQL PHP)

      Although I'm not perswonally involved in the local music scence, I
      have several friends that are in local bands, and follow the local scene.

      I have many ideas, and hope to share them with you.
    • Tim Allen
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 21, 2005
        Welcome aboard!

        I think a logical break up for putting the team together will be:

        - Tech / Programming
        - Content (Articles, Interviews, News) & Site Management (getting rid of
        lead links, etc)
        - Promotion

        You sound like a perfect candidate to help with programming. The code could
        use a major overhaul, as it was initially written when I was just starting
        in PHP (I had a strong C background before that, however). Certain sections
        of the site - such as profiles - have outgrown their original code and need
        to be searchable and such. I guess once we have more people in the group, we
        can come up with a "to-do" list.

        I will, of course, make myself available to answer any questions about the
        existing code base and set people up with accounts.

        Its good to have ya on board!

        -Tim

        Hi. A quick intro of myself as someone that can help with PhillyMusic.com.

        I have worked with computers for about 20 years. For the last 5 years
        or so, I have worked with Linux servers, setting them up from scratch,
        and launched websites using PHP and MySQL. (LAMP - Linux Apache MySQL PHP)

        Although I'm not perswonally involved in the local music scence, I
        have several friends that are in local bands, and follow the local scene.

        I have many ideas, and hope to share them with you.

        To unsubscribe, shoot an email to:

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • ACE
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 21, 2005
          Hi,
           I guess I should introduce myself too...

          I am the owner of a sound and A/V recording company called Airport Circle. We only provide services for original artists (and turn away cover bands whenever we can). We have a studio in Riverside NJ (scott st. music), we are the house sound for the bar Whiskey Dix (phila.) and we base our operations in Pennsauken NJ. We're doing a major event in the city this week called Scooter Week and we are a major part ofr the Dewey Beach Music fest, providing sound for over 7 venues all at the same time!
          Airport Circle has been in the philly scene for over 5 years. I had met Flipper around the time I started Airport Circle when he was at Pi Lam. i'm very excited to be a part of phillymusic.com and want to help the site and promote the original music scene!!!

          Feel free to call on me any time, maybe we should all meet for a hello and a drink soon.

          Cheers,
          Nik Salvo
          856-665-9455

          The Phantom <scottz@...> wrote:
          Hi. A quick intro of myself as someone that can help with PhillyMusic.com.

          I have worked with computers for about 20 years. For the last 5 years
          or so, I have worked with Linux servers, setting them up from scratch,
          and launched websites using PHP and MySQL. (LAMP - Linux Apache MySQL PHP)

          Although I'm not perswonally involved in the local music scence, I
          have several friends that are in local bands, and follow the local scene.

          I have many ideas, and hope to share them with you.

          To unsubscribe, shoot an email to:

          Yahoo! Mail

        • Thomas Salvey of Abigail's End
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 21, 2005
            Hey,

            This is Tom form Abigail's End.  I did the moderating for a portion of the site for a while.  Just saying hi to everyone.

            Thomas Salvey
            http://www.abigailsend.com

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 21, 2005
              Mike from Shackamaxon here. I did some
              PhillyMusic.com moderating for a long while, too...and
              if someone does take up the reins from Tim, I'd be
              glad to help with the transition and get things active
              again. Just moved back from the west coast, many
              years involved in the scene, and I have a good deal of
              music writing experience under my belt...and a smidge
              of web design and PC knowledge to boot. If someone
              does decide to take up the reins, shoot me an email at
              philly@... and I'd be glad to help with
              getting things back up to speed once more.

              -Mike

              From the Mind of...
              http://mail.yahoo.com