observation hive advice needed

  • Anna Herman
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2011
      I am looking for advice. I care for a 4 medium frame observation hive
      that was overcrowded and swarmed about two-three weeks ago. I hoped
      all would be fine, as a smaller hive in a warmish room, would have
      been fine to overwinter. Alas it seems there is no queen left behind,
      no eggs, no larvae, no capped brood, many drones. I want to have a
      hive for the students to observe and learn from this fall and
      winter. Any thoughts on my taking frames that include the queen from
      my weakest backyard hive and replacing these in my observation hive at
      this time of year and then combining remaining bees from that hive
      with another hive in my backyard apiary. Any other thoughts about
      this or another a possible solution?

      Anna Herman
      foodwork@...
      http://www.annasedibleadventures.com/