[pharmacoepidemiology] Re: pharmacoepidemiology digest

  • Dr. Saafan Al-Safi
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 11, 1983
      Dear Dr. Oliveira
      Thank you for your e-mail. Unfortunately I am not in a position to help you.
      My speciality is immunopharmacology. Now, I am an Assisstant Professor in
      Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics. I also give lectures in Toxicology and
      Immunology. At the moment we have a started a new M.Sc. Program in Clinical
      Pharmacy. I have also an interest in research work. It will be very nice if
      we can find a way to coopperate. Hope you keep in touch. I wish you all the
      best.
      Thanks again for your message.
      Best wishes.

      Yours sincerely
      Saafan Al-Safi, Ph.D.
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 11, 1983
        Dear Dr. Pereira
        Thank you for your e-mail. As I mentioned in my previous reply we have at the momonet an M.Sc. program in Clinical Pharmacy in Jordan not in the USA. If you are interested you may contact the Dean of the faculty of pharmacy at our university or write to me and I will pass your letter to our dean. Best wishes.

        Yours sincerely
        Saafan Al-Safi, Ph.D.
        Assistant Professor
         I am a brazilian pharmacist, I have a B. Pharm. equivalent earned in Brazil and I want increase  my professional expertise in the provision of pharmaceutical care.
         Therefore, I'm looking a M.Sc. program  in clinical pharmacy  or a Pharm D program at any US university.
        Can you send informations about  the program and the rules for international  applicantion  , scholarships, workships, tuitons?

        Best regards
        Pablo A. Pereira

        >I am a professor os Social Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Care at one
        >Federal University in Brazil, and I'm also looking for some PhD program
        >in Pharmacoepidemiology.
        >I'd like to course the doctorate in USA, UK or Spain and I wish you
        >could send any information about it to me.
        >In advance, I thank you for your attention.
        >Sincerely,
        >
        >Professor Elza Oliveira.
        >Epidemiology, MSc

        >Looking for educational tools for you kids?
        >Find everything you need at SmarterKids.com
        >http://click.egroups.com/1/645/0/_/10713/_/947167908
        >
        >-- Create a poll/survey for your group!
        >-- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=pharmacoepidemiology&m=1

        Click Here!
        eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/pharmacoepidemiology

        click here for wemedia.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 15, 1983
          Sorry I cannot understand other than English.
          Best wishes.
          Dr. Saafan Al-Safi

            >I am a professor os Social Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Care at one
            >Federal University in Brazil, and I'm also looking for some PhD program
            >in Pharmacoepidemiology.
            >I'd like to course the doctorate in USA, UK or Spain and I wish you
            >could send any information about it to me.
            >In advance, I thank you for your attention.
            >Sincerely,
            >
            >Professor Elza Oliveira.
            >Epidemiology, MSc

            >Looking for educational tools for you kids?
            >Find everything you need at SmarterKids.com
            >http://click.egroups.com/1/645/0/_/10713/_/947167908
            >
            >-- Create a poll/survey for your group!
            >-- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=pharmacoepidemiology&m=1

            Click Here!
            eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/pharmacoepidemiology
          • Tatiana F. Marques
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 13, 2000
              Cara Professora Elza Oliveira,
              O único contato que tenho é na Europa, com o professor (e também mantenedor
              deste grupo de discussão) Hans-Ruediger Elster, do departamento de
              farmacoepidemiologia da Universidade Martin-Luther, da Alemanha. Talvez ele
              possa indicar alguns programas de pós-graduação nesta área. O e-mail dele é:
              elster@...-halle.de

              saudações,
              Tatiana Ferreira Marques
              acadêmica em Farmácia
              DEFAR - UFOP
              > Thank you for your e-mail. Unfortunately I am not in a position to help
              you.
              > My speciality is immunopharmacology. Now, I am an Assisstant Professor in
              > Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics. I also give lectures in Toxicology and
              > Immunology. At the moment we have a started a new M.Sc. Program in
              Clinical
              > Pharmacy. I have also an interest in research work. It will be very nice
              if
              > we can find a way to coopperate. Hope you keep in touch. I wish you all
              the
              > best.
              > Thanks again for your message.
              > Best wishes.
              >
              > Yours sincerely
              > Saafan Al-Safi, Ph.D.

            • Phillip Vuchetich
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 21, 2000
                This topic is probably best studied by starting with one or more of the
                reference books available.
                These reference books and training guides will help you evaluate
                pharmacoeconomic studies and help you design your own studies in this field.

                I used the following 2 books when I took a course in Pharmacoeconomics:

                1:
                http://www.accp.com/pop-des.html
                Principles of Pharmacoeconomics, Second Edition

                Edited by J. Lyle Bootman, Ph.D.; Raymond J. Townsend, Pharm.D., FCCP; and
                William F. McGhan, Ph.D. 304 pages, 1996,
                softbound.

                An essential reference for all practitioners, researchers, and students
                seeking an understanding of pharmacoeconomic principles and outcomes
                management. Leading researchers describe the techniques, tools, and
                strategies used in evaluating the economics of specific drug therapies at a
                healthcare system level and for individual patient needs. "This reference is
                recommended without shortcomings. I recommend this highly informative,
                practical, well-referenced book to students and practitioners." -- American
                Journal of Health-System Pharmacy, October 1996.
                ACCP Member: $49.50 Non-Member: $54.75 (prices are in US$)

                2:
                Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes: Applications for Patient Care
                Modules 1 through 3

                Developed by the American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP), this unique
                self-study program teaches the skills needed to apply the concepts and
                methods of pharmacoeconomics in order to evaluate outcomes of drug therapy
                decisions within your own practice setting. This package includes Modules
                1-3.

                Each module can also be purchased seperately:

                Concepts of Pharmacoeconomics (Module 1)
                Assessment of Economic Outcomes (Module 2)
                Assessment of Humanistic Outcomes (Module 3)

                ASHP Member $419.95 Full $524.95 Student Member $419.95 (US$)

                (I've included postal addresses for your reference, in case you need to
                contact these organizations)

                The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
                www.ashp.org
                ASHP Headquarters
                7272 Wisconsin Avenue
                Bethesda, MD 20814
                (301)657-3000 (Phone)
                (301) 652-8278 (Fax)

                American College of Clinical Pharmacy
                http://www.accp.com
                3101 Broadway, Suite 380
                Kansas City, Missouri 64111
                phone: (816) 531-2177
                fax: (816) 531-4990

                *****
                I would like to know in details about the Pharmacoeconomics.
                I would be grateful if you kindly provide the necessary papers on this
                subject.

                Thanking you.

                A. T. M. Zafrul Azam
                Lecturer
                Department of Pharmacy
                University of Rajshahi
                Rajshahi-6205
                BANGLADESH.
              • Steve Albert
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 21, 2000
                  phillip vuchetich <phil-@...> wrote:
                  original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/pharmacoepidemiology/?sta
                  rt=85
                  > This topic is probably best studied by starting with one or more of
                  the
                  > reference books available.
                  > These reference books and training guides will help you evaluate
                  > pharmacoeconomic studies and help you design your own studies in this
                  field.

                  > I used the following 2 books when I took a course in
                  Pharmacoeconomics:

                  > 1:
                  > http://www.accp.com/pop-des.html
                  > Principles of Pharmacoeconomics, Second Edition
                  >
                  > Edited by J. Lyle Bootman, Ph.D.; Raymond J. Townsend, Pharm.D.,
                  FCCP; and
                  > William F. McGhan, Ph.D. 304 pages, 1996,
                  > softbound.

                  Another book which I've found very useful is Quality of Life and
                  Pharmacoeconomics in Clinical Trials, edited by Bert Spilker.
                  Bootman's book focuses on principles of pharmacoeconomics; Spilker's
                  has articles discussing methodology also, but has an extensive coverage
                  of pharmacoeconomics in specific areas, e.g. arthritis, cancer, etc.

                  Steve Albert (SAlbert@...)
                • A. T. M. Zafrul Azam
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 12, 2000
                    Dear Egroup Managers:
                    Thank you very much for your email. I would like to know in details about
                    the Pharmacoeconomics, especially introduction or principles of
                    Pharmacoeconomics. Now it is not possible for me to get the Two Books you
                    have suggested. So I would be very grateful if any of you can kindly provide
                    the necessary papers on this topic through email or postal mail.
                    I am eagerly waiting for your reply. I look forward to receiving the
                    requested papers.

                    Thank you so much

                    A.T.M. Zafrul Azam
                    Lecturer