Adjunct Instructor Needed

  • monicagreco37
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2010
      The Psychology Department at Rowan University is looking for individuals with advanced training in Psychology (M.A., or Ph.D.) to teach our Psychology of Scientific Thinking Course. This course is designed as an introduction to the methods of science and the role that science plays in the understanding of how the world works. Throughout the course students are given the tools to be able to differentiate between valid scientific claims and those made as a result of "junk" science or pseudoscience. The main emphasis of the course is on the development of critical thinking skills and a healthy skepticism when confronted with "scientific" claims. This course is also designed to introduce students to basic psychological processes that underlie human judgment and decision making that play a role in the persistence of beliefs in pseudoscientific and nonscientific explanations of behavior and phenomena. For more information please contact Dr. Monica Greco, Chairperson Psychology Department at greco@....