PhACT meeting Jan 16th 2pm Are Orbs and other photographic evidence proof of ghosts?

  • eric krieg
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2010
      The Physics Department of Community College of Philadelphia will host a meeting of PhACT
      on Saturday, January 16, 2010 in room C2-28 of the Center for Business and Industry at the corner of 18th and Callowhill Streets at 2:00 PM  Mr. Ken Biddle will speak on

      Orbs or Dust? A Practical Guide to False-Positives.

      Come with us as Mr. Biddle takes a look at False-Positives; evidence that appears to be paranormal, but actually has a natural explanation. Our speaker will take a look at not only Orbs, but through the many other forms in which ghosts have been "captured". You will learn about mistakes, tricks of light and a camera feature that has been wreaking havoc in the ghost hunting community. Mr. Biddle will also look at a few ways "Investigators" deliberately produce images, including step-by-step instructions on how they "capture" a shadow man with the help of Photoshop. He will also include a few experiments you can do to verify many of these results yourself.

      Ken Biddle is founder of PIRA, Paranormal Investigators & Research Association.

      http://home.comcast.net/~parainvestigator/Index/Main.html

      PIRA gets involved with many charitable causes, mainly by participating in fund raising events at historical sites in the Delaware Valley area. They have supported historic Fort Mifflin, and in May of 2010 will participate in an event at historic Eastern State Penitentiary.
      It looks like that we will be using the open parking lot on 17th street across from the main garage on January 16.  Going South on 17th from Spring Garden St, the open parking lot will be on your left.

      ALL ARE WELCOME  Refreshments will be served.

        On February 20th at the same location and time we will host Ted Goertzel a professor at Rutgers.  He will speak on "Conspiracy Theories in Science". It relates to the recent scandal about global warming emails.  More is available about him from
      http://crab.rutgers.edu/~goertzel/

      On May 15th we will have a dinner banquette for Joe Nickel who will speak on his work (location to be announced) followed by a field trip the next day to NJ Pine land sites associated with New Jersey devil sightings.   We could use someone with a 4wd vehicle to be part of that trip.
      Eric Krieg