PhACT update 2pm Sept 20th Innumeracy with John Allen Paulos in Winet Building of Phil. Community College]

  • eric krieg
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2008

      People,

          join us for the first meeting of the season.  Next Saturday September 20th at 2pm we will hear from Dr John Allen Paulos.  He is a mathematics professor with Temple, has been associated with CSICOP for years.  His more known books include Innumeracy (his topic for us), Irreligion and A Mathematician Plays the Stock Market.  He has long had a column with ABC called "Who's Counting".  He is one of those speakers worth inviting others to come hear.

      for more information on our speaker see
      http://www.math.temple.edu/~paulos/

      Note that this meeting is in a larger room, S2-03 on the second floor of the Winnet Student Life building.  This building is between the parking garage on 17th street and the building on the corner with Spring Garden where we usually meet. Go up one flight of stairs and turn 180 to face down the hall where we will meet.  See
      http://www.ccp.edu/site/about/campus_map.htm#

      Eric Krieg