PhACT meeting coming up October 20th

  • erickrieg@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2007
      People,

      don't miss our coming lecture on "THE SCIENCE of SEXUALITY" October 20th at 2pm.

      Philadelphia Inquirer author of the column œCarnal Knowledge, Faye Flam will discuss the science of sexuality. She has been covering science for the Inquirer since 95. Faye has explored all kinds of fringe thinking related to sexuality for the past 3 years. Her column has included awkward topics like, hatred of homosexuality, the science of kissing, elder sex, genital matching, the history of condoms and the algorithm of attraction.

      Directions and updates are found at
      www.phact.org/meetings.html

      Then, November 17th our lecture is "Everything's Relative and Other Fables in Science and Technology"

      Our November 17th speaker is Tony Rothman who is a cosmologist who studies the Big Bang and related events. He is interested in extremal black holes: black holes on the verge of becoming naked singularities, as well as on the detection of gravitons. His late father was Milton Rothman, who helped PhACT get started 11 years ago and also wrote much on Physics. Tony will speak on his latest book, "Everything's Relative and Other Fables in Science and Technology". This book takes a closer look and corrects much common knowledge about key historical moments in science and technology and corrects myths. Tony is a professor of Physics“ where Einstein used to teach at Princeton University.

      Our Winter solstice party will be in Melrose Park 6:30 Dec 21.

      take care,
      Eric Krieg