PhACT update for Halloween

  • erickrieg@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2006
      People,

      Happy Halloween - though people say skeptics are boring, I dressed up in a Star Trek uniform today and will pass out candy tonight.

      Former PhACT President, Bob Glickman was video'd for a TV show to run tonight: He will appear on CN8 on Arthur Fennel's show at 10PM talking about ghosts. It's good when responsible media people at least give some air time for the skeptical point of view.

      Don't forget, November 18th 2pm for our next lecture: It will be a talk by Don Simanek on SCIENCE ASKEW - Gems of science humor, satire and parody from his just-published book of the same title by Donald E. Simanek and John C. Holden.

      Friday December 22 - We will have a private RSVP winter solstice party at 6:30 pm in Elkins Park – email eric at this email address for more information

      January 20 2006 ACLU chapter board members, Bill Ewing, will speak on issues of free speech.

      February 17 2006 we will have Tom Delworth speak on Global Warming - I will be interested to see if he has been more swayed by the evidence since his talk 4 years ago.

      In other news, the Shermer lecture we hosted went well. It was standing room only and we sold all the copies of the books we had on hand and passed out plenty of our own literature. The FSGP had a great anti-superstition bash afterwards.

      as always, our events are listed at:
      http://www.phact.org/meetings.html

      Another thing of interest, Richard Dawkins will speak at the Free Library, Philadelphia Central Library,
      1901 Vine Street Thursday, November 02, 2006
      Time: 12:00 PM For more information go to:
      http://libwww.library.phila.gov/calendar/calbydate.cfm?ID=14084&loc=CEN

      Eric Krieg