PhACT reminder - this Saturday

  • eric
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2003
      I will be giving a free lecture Sat Oct 18th on not just Dennis, but the long history and culture of other free energy kooks and con men at 2pm at the Philadelphia community college.   [see directions to W2-48 room of the West Building ]:

      Sat Oct 18th 2pm

      Examining the Fringe Culture of Free Energy claimants

      A wonderful new age in society would blossom forth if we had a clean fuelless infinite source of energy.  Many people believe such technology exists today.  Claims of free energy are not merely an urban legend; they are part of a fascinating fringe culture of claimants and believers.   Their history actually goes back hundreds of years and is much more than a colorful cast of kooks, cons and morons.  Their realm also includes books, journals, conspiracy theory, heroes, bogus science, snake oil demonstrations, incredible patience and creative excuses.   Eric’s initial skeptical involvement in their world was probably like a kid poking a wounded animal with a stick, but he has gone on to document this under reported comical side of American culture.

      Bio:  Eric Krieg is an electrical Engineer currently helping design and develop fiber optic communications systems.  He helped found PhACT nearly 10 years ago and currently serves as its president.  Eric’s other volunteer work includes teaching science to young people and serving as an Assistant Scoutmaster.

      In other news, I'm trying to find a microbiologist (or as near as I can get) to sponsor a 10th grade girl who wants to do some immune system research that might involve some mice.

      We hope to get the next issue of Phactum out in a week or two.  We will be changing our mailing address and name for checks to be made out.

      Eric