Phact Picnic reminder - this Saturday

  • eric
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19, 2002
      People,

      It will again be in Upper Dublin, I predict the weather will be cooler.  We will be in the pavilion of the south east corner of Mondauk Common park.  There are cook out grills, we have the baseball field to ourselves and are right along the mile loop walking-jogging path.  There are also near by play grounds, V-ball and B-ball courts and plenty of room for all kinds of sports.   Bring some communal food.  I'll be cooking vegetarian burgers on a grill fueled by local sticks.   Hey, fun for the whole family.

        Directions:  From the turnpike, 309 N, take 2nd exit to turn right onto Susquehanna, going south. Make a left onto Broad St. at your 2nd light. Turn left after a quarter mile into the 2nd park parking lot (right before dead end).  The pavilion will be directly ahead of you across a little foot bridge.   It should be fun - hope to see you there.

      The September 21 meeting is the 3rd Saturday in Sept back at the Community College of Philadelphia.  This time it will include a video and discussion of a recent TV appearance on UFO's and that things that go bump in the night by our own Bob Glickman.

      As I mentioned, we are interested in getting some fresh ideas into how to help science teachers during the coming national science teachers convention in our city next year.

      Eric Krieg