time zone battle resumes

  • leah sameh
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2010
      Hi, to all,

      I saw in the Journal & Courier a piece about the Indiana
      time zone battle resuming. The issue is to be reintroduced
      into the Indiana Legislature in January.

      I had lost all hope for any time change.
      Collectively (groupwise) nothing can be done, but
      individually, people can contact their legislators
      as time goes on to let them know that the idea
      of changing to central time is a good one.

      Astronomers would love to get outside an hour
      earlier -- RIGHT? Maybe we won't have to wait
      until after 11:00 to do star viewing in the
      middle of summer. It would be nice for the
      IFSP, too.

      Just thought I'd send this note in case anyone
      in the email groups doesn't know about this.

      marilyn sameh
    • Jeff Wieland
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2010
        Marilyn, I saw that article too. Here's the URL for the original
        article in the Indianapolis Star. I believe that it expands a bit more
        on the study concerning the impact on the SAT scores.

        http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=20108290368

        --
        Jeff Wieland
        jjwieland@...