IFSP speakers

  • John Mahony
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2007
      Mike Lockwood, president of the Champaign-Urbana Astronomical Society, and a
      very experienced mirror maker, will be one of our speakers at the IFSP.
      Here's the blurb I just put on the website:

      Mike Lockwood, president of the Champaign-Urbana Astronomical Society, is a
      very experienced mirror maker who has made dozens of mirrors, including four
      from 28" to 32" diameter, and who was recently chosen to make a 43.3" (1.1
      meter) mirror for what will be the largest amateur telescope in the world.
      You may have seen his 30" dob at Astrofest in recent years. The 32" mirror
      was made for Bob Holmes, who uses it in a telescope on a massive home-made
      computerized equatorial mount for asteroid hunting and other real science at
      his non-profit Astronomical Research Institute in Charleston, IL.

      Details of his talk haven't been determined yet, but we may do some mirror
      testing, so if you have a mirror you want tested, bring it.

      Other speakers already listed n the website are:
      Ron Kaitchuck, Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Ball State University.
      Terry Mann, president of the Astronomical League.

      <http://indianastars.us/starparty>

      -John

      Hotmail to go? Get your Hotmail, news, sports and much more!
      http://mobile.msn.com