Venus transit

  • John Mahony
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 2012
      You've probably heard that Venus will cross the face of the sun tomorrow (Tuesday 6/5). This is a rare event- the next time will be in the year 2112. The event starts a little after 6pm and will continue until sunset. We'll have the observatory open starting at 6, with the H-alpha filter on the 16" LX200 and a white light filter on the 7" refractor.

      -John

    • lectechser
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 4, 2012
        As I don't hang out with you folks often, do you mean Cumberland or Camp Collum?

        --- In pg-astro@yahoogroups.com, John Mahony <jmmahony@...> wrote:

        > You've probably heard that Venus will cross the face of the sun tomorrow (Tuesday 6/5). This is a rare event- the next time will be in the year 2112. The event starts a little after 6pm and will continue until sunset. We'll have the observatory open starting at 6, with the H-alpha filter on the 16" LX200 and a white light filter on the 7" refractor.
        >
        > -John

      • Edmund Harfmann
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 4, 2012
          John is referring to Camp Cullom.

          WVAS will be at the Meijer parking lot (North East corner) on route 26 just
          past I65.

          --- In pg-astro@yahoogroups.com <mailto:pg-astro%40yahoogroups.com> , John
          Mahony <jmmahony@...> wrote:

          > You've probably heard that Venus will cross the face of the sun tomorrow
          (Tuesday 6/5). This is a rare event- the next time will be in the year 2112.
          The event starts a little after 6pm and will continue until sunset. We'll
          have the observatory open starting at 6, with the H-alpha filter on the 16"
          LX200 and a white light filter on the 7" refractor.

          > -John

        • Lisa Wieland
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 4, 2012
            John is speaking of the Prairie Grass Observatory at Camp Cullom. The
            Wabash Valley Astronomical Society will also be holding a viewing at the
            Meijer store parking lot in Lafayette.