Wabash Valley Astronomical Society Meeting, 5/7/2011, 7:00 pm

  • pg-astro@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2011
      Reminder from: pg-astro Yahoo! Group

      Title: Wabash Valley Astronomical Society Meeting

      Date: Saturday May 7, 2011
      Time: 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
      Repeats: This event repeats every month on the first Saturday.
      Location: West Lafayette Observatory, on the grounds of Cumberland Elementary School
      Street: 600 W. Cumberland Ave.
      City State Zip: West Lafayette
      Notes: Note that this notice is sent automatically every month but does not apply in January

    • Jeff Patterson
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2011
        Why do we get four seperate announcements for the event. Somehow I get 2 of every message but 4?

        Jeff

        From: pg-astro@yahoogroups.com
        To: pg-astro@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 22:57:08 +0000
        Subject: [pg-astro] Wabash Valley Astronomical Society Meeting, 5/7/2011, 7:00 pm

        Reminder from:

        pg-astro Yahoo! Group

        Title:

        Wabash Valley Astronomical Society Meeting

        Saturday May 7, 2011

        Time:

        7:00 pm - 8:30 pm

        Repeats:

        This event repeats every month on the first Saturday.

        Location:

        West Lafayette Observatory, on the grounds of Cumberland Elementary School

        Street:

        600 W. Cumberland Ave.

        City State Zip:

        West Lafayette

        Notes:

        Note that this notice is sent automatically every month but does not apply in January

        Edit reminder optionsCopyright © 2011 Yahoo! Inc. All Rights Reserved | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy

      • John Mahony
        Message 3 of 3 , May 5, 2011
          Notices of WVAS events are sent on this group, and also on the WVAS yahoo group. Since you're a member of both, you get duplicate notices of WVAS events. And WVAS open houses coincide with their monthly meeting nights, but only in May, June, Sept, Oct (and the times for the open houses are later than meeting times). The yahoogroup automated calendar feature doesn't have any easy way to include a mention of the open houses for only _some_ of the months of the year, so the open house notices are sent separately. So you can get up to four notices of two events on the same night at the same location.

          IAS notices used to be sent on this group, but the IAS member who originally set up the auto-calendar on this group for those events didn't update it when you (IAS) changed your schedule, so I deleted those entries. I think you asked me about that once and I said you could update the group calendar yourself, but you never did. It's at
          <http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/pg-astro/cal>

          This group is separate from the pg_obs group, which is the "official" observatory mail list and mainly only sends notices of official PGO events. Virtually anything posted on that group will also be posted here, so there's no reason to sign up for both, but some people have, and will get duplicate notices of most PGO events. I recently clarified the group descriptions to reduce the number of people signing up for both.

          -John