gardener dictionary

  • loveragehop
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 14, 2005
      hi,

      does anyone know of an online dictionary of gardening terms?

      p.s. whats a cold frame?

      thanks!
    • Anna Fraser
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 14, 2005
        Hi,

        These are some entries from the www.google.com search engine. It's a good one to put in your favourites to look up stuff.
        Here are some of the links that Google gives:

        A cold frame is an unheated outdoor structure consisting of a wooden or concrete frame and a top of glass or clear plastic, used for protecting and acclimatising seedlings and plants. In other words it's usually made from whatever you've got lying about the place. As opposed to greenhouse (which you can walk into), a cold frame is mostly or knee to waist height, just to accomodate whatever height of plants you want to bring on. You lift off the glass/plastic top to water the plants and talk to them. Also on sunny days you remove the top to harden plants off. Fancy coldframes may have a hinged top.

        Good luck with your garden!

        Anna Fraser
        Webmother of www.the-tree.org.uk
        (a non-profit website)

        does anyone know of an online dictionary of gardening terms?

        p.s. whats a cold frame?

        thanks!

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      • Dee Harris