Trees for Health gifts

  • Liz Turner
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 3, 2005
      Apologies for cross posting

      Dear All
      If you're even just starting to wonder what to get for Christmas gifts (I agree its much too early but I thought I'd get this plug in early!), then look no further - your festive gifts can help trees too!

      Take a look at the Tree 2 My Door website which enables you to send your friends a tree as a present as well as other ethical, tree, nature related gifts. If you decide to order anything, please quote our promotion code 'treesforhealth' when you get to this point in the system. We will then receive 10% of the order which will help us continue our work tree planting, tree care, harvesting, processing & working with local people.

      Other gifts available from us include 'Earth Stars' - Songs of Permaculture. This is a beautiful compilation of Earth based songs by musicians in the permaculture movement. Permaculture means ‘permanent agriculture or permanent culture’ and embraces a more Earth friendly way of living. If you would like this please send us a cheque for £10.47 (includes postage).

      Lastly we are selling the Weleda 'Biodynamic & Healing Plants 2006 Calendar'. This is a beautiful collection of photographs showing medicinal plants & their uses. Cost just £7.50! Contact us for your copy. This may be expensive to send through the post but I may be able to get you one if I'm in your area or you can visit us at our stall at the Dartington Scrap Store Craft Market on 26 November (10-3). Great place for gifts anyway!

      Best wishes
      Liz Turner
      Chairperson
      Trees for Health
      www.treesforhealth.org
      info@...
      01803 762180

    • Griselda
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 3, 2005
        Re: [pfaf] Trees for Health gifts Dear Liz Turner,

        Thanks for your pfaf message. I am getting all these wonderful emails because I am about to move to a smallholding (neglected for many decades) and want to establish a permaculture regime there. Quite daunting as I am nearing 60 (aagh) and there is a lot of hefty work to be done – there are a lot of trees there, but some need culling (too many sycamore seedlings now very tall), and I want to planting loads of other species.

        However, rather cheekily, because you have included some ‘business’ information in your email, (and I think your website is absolutely brilliant, btw) I am writing to ask if you would like to be included on the enewsletter list of my smallbiz network, and whether you know anyone else who’d like to be on it too.  The network is called Millipod.  You might even like to join us properly – that way you can use the newsletter for free to promote what you are doing to all the readers...it goes out to about 500 people, mostly small business owners.    Yours is exactly the kind of organisaion I like to have in the membership, for a whole range of ethical and environmental reasons. (Quite apart from my present business venture, I seem to have spent the last 30 years campaigning for the environment – I am the chairman of the Friends of Faversham Creek, and ran a successful campaign for nearly 20 years to stave off a huge and wildly corrupt development proposal for our local marsh farmland).

        We are based in Kent, but do have members all over the place in the UK and even France and America.   Similarly, our networking events tend to be in the South East, as that is where I live, but the Millipod newsletter is a forum for all sorts of smallbiz information.  Nowadays, the internet makes location a much less important criterion...it’s the ideas and the knowhow which can liberate and teach us all.  We have a very wide range of people in the membership - one of our members has a tree-tea business using British native species, for instance, and we have a lot of holistic and/or alternative subscribers, artists, therapists, IT people, designers, etc.    There are quite a lot of rural members, farmers, gardeners, garden designers too of course, and I think they would be really interested to know about Trees for Health.

        Most of the Millipod members work from home and lots of them devote a lot of time to voluntary work too. The way I see it, we have to create a new sort of business/environmental climate to accommodate all the thousands and thousands of new micro-businesses which are springing up, to help educate people and reinforce their sense of personal responsibility about the world we all live in.

        If you want to join, you can go to our website www.millipod.com and click on Join Here. However, I realise yours is a non-profit organisation and it may not be appropriate for you.  Nonetheless perhaps we could do a deal of some sort – of mutual promotion, to spread the word?  What do you think?

        Thanks and best wishes

        Griselda Mussett
        --

        www.millipod.com

        Millipod NetWorks  92 Abbey Street, Faversham, Kent ME13 7BH  UK       T: +44 1795 538821

        Why not forward this email to a friend?      Millipod is the BIG network for SMALL business!

        To Unsubscribe, reply to this email with the word Unsubscribe in the subject box.

[...]

        <http://www.treesforhealth.org>
        info@... <mailto:info@...>
        01803 762180

        Garden home dallas <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Garden+home+dallas&w1=Garden+home+dallas&w2=Organic+gardening&w3=Home+and+garden+accessory&w4=Organic+gardening+magazine&w5=Organic+gardening+supply&w6=Organic+vegetable+gardening&c=6&s=173&.sig=Gfs2l9lGnzs92v57WY3QlA> Organic gardening <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Organic+gardening&w1=Garden+home+dallas&w2=Organic+gardening&w3=Home+and+garden+accessory&w4=Organic+gardening+magazine&w5=Organic+gardening+supply&w6=Organic+vegetable+gardening&c=6&s=173&.sig=6nAdTleevpVOCvDXprpYBg> Home and garden accessory <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Home+and+garden+accessory&w1=Garden+home+dallas&w2=Organic+gardening&w3=Home+and+garden+accessory&w4=Organic+gardening+magazine&w5=Organic+gardening+supply&w6=Organic+vegetable+gardening&c=6&s=173&.sig=RlUUbnbj5nF7nDD7R>
        Organic gardening magazine <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Organic+gardening+magazine&w1=Garden+home+dallas&w2=Organic+gardening&w3=Home+and+garden+accessory&w4=Organic+gardening+magazine&w5=Organic+gardening+supply&w6=Organic+vegetable+gardening&c=6&s=173&.sig=YXYbv93Hdlbnu1ms> Organic gardening supply <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Organic+gardening+supply&w1=Garden+home+dallas&w2=Organic+gardening&w3=Home+and+garden+accessory&w4=Organic+gardening+magazine&w5=Organic+gardening+supply&w6=Organic+vegetable+gardening&c=6&s=173&.sig=0WHfufxU8GMXgoFrRl> Organic vegetable gardening <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Organic+vegetable+gardening&w1=Garden+home+dallas&w2=Organic+gardening&w3=Home+and+garden+accessory&w4=Organic+gardening+magazine&w5=Organic+gardening+supply&w6=Organic+vegetable+gardening&c=6&s=173&.sig=eZA1oyXFUi4Xi-C>

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • Richard Morris
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 3, 2005
          --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Griselda <griselda1@b...> wrote:
          > However, rather cheekily, because you have included some Œbusiness¹
          > information in your email, (and I think your website is absolutely
          > brilliant, BTW) I am writing to ask if you would like to be included
          on the
          > enewsletter list of my smallbiz network, and whether you know anyone
          else
          > who¹d like to be on it too.

          Generally commercial posts are discouraged from the list, unless they
          relate specifically plant based educational activities. Course
          listings are OK.

          Rich - list moderator
        • Griselda
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 4, 2005
            Re: [pfaf] Re: Trees for Health gifts Hi there,
            I am mortified that my email went to the whole list, I thought (naively) that it was going only to Liz Turner of Trees for Health. I would not deliberately have done this and I apologise to everyone for this disruption – it was just unawareness of how this works technologically.
            I find the discussions here very very interesting.
            Thanks
            Griselda

            --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Griselda <griselda1@b...> wrote:
            > However, rather cheekily, because you have included some ‘business’
            > information in your email, (and I think your website is absolutely
            > brilliant, BTW) I am writing to ask if you would like to be included
            on the
            > enewsletter list of my smallbiz network, and whether you know anyone
            else
            > who’d like to be on it too.

            Generally commercial posts are discouraged from the list, unless they
            relate specifically plant based educational activities. Course
            listings are OK.

            Rich - list moderator

            Garden home dallas <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Garden+home+dallas&w1=Garden+home+dallas&w2=Organic+gardening&w3=Home+and+garden+accessory&w4=Organic+gardening+magazine&w5=Organic+gardening+supply&w6=Organic+gardening+pest+control&c=6&s=176&.sig=JvkwT2WCXDuSqvH-_eAbD> Organic gardening <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Organic+gardening&w1=Garden+home+dallas&w2=Organic+gardening&w3=Home+and+garden+accessory&w4=Organic+gardening+magazine&w5=Organic+gardening+supply&w6=Organic+gardening+pest+control&c=6&s=176&.sig=_SaG1hvoAD95MjVXvh5jMw> Home and garden accessory <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Home+and+garden+accessory&w1=Garden+home+dallas&w2=Organic+gardening&w3=Home+and+garden+accessory&w4=Organic+gardening+magazine&w5=Organic+gardening+supply&w6=Organic+gardening+pest+control&c=6&s=176&.sig=oyBC_iYKNVDhN3>
            Organic gardening magazine <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Organic+gardening+magazine&w1=Garden+home+dallas&w2=Organic+gardening&w3=Home+and+garden+accessory&w4=Organic+gardening+magazine&w5=Organic+gardening+supply&w6=Organic+gardening+pest+control&c=6&s=176&.sig=sjlSKJMcw6Yfx> Organic gardening supply <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Organic+gardening+supply&w1=Garden+home+dallas&w2=Organic+gardening&w3=Home+and+garden+accessory&w4=Organic+gardening+magazine&w5=Organic+gardening+supply&w6=Organic+gardening+pest+control&c=6&s=176&.sig=KGabgDhcPJYcLAa> Organic gardening pest control <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Organic+gardening+pest+control&w1=Garden+home+dallas&w2=Organic+gardening&w3=Home+and+garden+accessory&w4=Organic+gardening+magazine&w5=Organic+gardening+supply&w6=Organic+gardening+pest+control&c=6&s=176&.sig=1y3-qLUM8>

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          • biker muggridge
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 4, 2005
              Yes Please.

              Richard Morris <webmaster@...> wrote:
              --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Griselda <griselda1@b...> wrote:
              > However, rather cheekily, because you have included some Œbusiness¹
              > information in your email, (and I think your website is absolutely
              > brilliant, BTW) I am writing to ask if you would like to be included
              on the
              > enewsletter list of my smallbiz network, and whether you know anyone
              else
              > who¹d like to be on it too.

              Generally commercial posts are discouraged from the list, unless they
              relate specifically plant based educational activities. Course
              listings are OK.

              Rich - list moderator

              Mike Muggridge

              AKA MikeThe Trike
            • Richard Morris
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 4, 2005
                --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Griselda <griselda1@b...> wrote:

                > Hi there,
                > I am mortified that my email went to the whole list, I thought (naively)
                > that it was going only to Liz Turner of Trees for Health. I would not
                > deliberately have done this and I apologise to everyone for this
                disruption
                > ­ it was just unawareness of how this works technologically.
                > I find the discussions here very very interesting.
                > Thanks
                > Griselda

                I had suspected that it had been meant to go direct to Liz. Apology
                accepted, no harm done.

                Rich
              • Dee Harris
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 4, 2005
                  Griselda, I found the email interesting and amusing. Hi! Wolf here. Hven't posted yet until now and I do so love a humorous beginning.
                  BB,
                  Wolf