Gardens & peoples

  • jardinsfelins@voila.fr
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2002
      International friendships meeting place and cat sanctuary, in spacious gardens. Camping or sharing cat-room. Group activity : developing the sanctuary in accordance with the coordinatrice, sometimes brick-laying (no prior experience needed), sometimes forest-garden maintenance (no prior experience needed).

      Land, water and electricity available for self-build, in exchange for (on-site) cat-sitting during several months of each year. (ie several months cat-sitting but you can live there all year round, of course !) Contact : jardinsfelins@...

      "auto construction" must be a french term invented for "self build" (which makes me think of body building !)

      Climate is summer 6 months, from 1 st May to 31 oct. Spring is wet, (April showers), it freezes sometimes in winter (mid November to end of March) but most winter afternoons are sunny and warm in the sun.
      This is Aquitaine, 100 km from Bordeaux, 60 km Perigueux, 15 km Montpon, the nearest rail-town.

      This is still a camp, though I have built a solid dormitory for the cats and nearly finished a wall around their huge garden.

      I'd love to have friendly people stay here, you can build and live on this land (14 acres forest and prarie) in exchange for occasional cat-sitting (I want to do rescue work in Africa and set up cat-care groups there)

      I have a web site (link below) that will give you an idea of what I'm doing, but it's not complete because the "international friendships gardens" pages are not finished or posted yet. http://perso.wanadoo.fr/sanctuaire.felin/

      Avec Voila Mail, consultez vos e-mails sur votre mobile Wap.