Shade gardening

  • A. A. Pasternak
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2005
      Hi,

      I publicly apologized for the tone of my response.

      I offered the best advice I knew. Here is some more:

      A forum for gardeners who have to work with shade:
      http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/shade/
      It seems to have a good FAQ.

      A forum for gardeners in the UK
      http://www.uk.gardenweb.com/forums/ukgard/

      Plants for Shade FAQ
      http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/faqshade.htm

      Another list
      http://www.debbysgardenlinks.co.uk/shade.htm

      Google search: shade plants uk http://tinyurl.com/992tt

      Best wishes,

      Al

      P.S. Most people don't block emails from groups they no
      longer want to read, they unsubscribe: pfaf-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

      My Urban Garden projects
      http://urbanwild.diary-x.com
      Items wanted and Thanks
      http://tinyurl.com/3vsuc

            Unnecessarily harsh response!!! What's wrong with asking "did this work
        for you?" I'm interested in reading others' experiences of what did/didn't
        work for them, in addition to what the website has to offer, that's why I
        joined this list! Personal recommendation is often quicker & certainly more
        friendly(!) than cross-referencing databases for information (tho' I have
        nothing against this per se). Please, let's stay friendly! There's enough
        hostility in this world.....        Ingrid

        >From: "A. A. Pasternak" <aap@...>
        >To: <pfaf@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: Re: [pfaf] Help Needed
        >Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 04:50:42 -0700
        >
        >Hi,
        >
        >Have you even looked at the PFAF website yet? http://www.pfaf.org/
        >
        >Thirty-seconds in I found this page:
        >http://www.pfaf.org/leaflets/ProbPlac.php
        >  "Plants for Problem Places - North Facing Walls and Deep Shade"
        >
        >Read and cross-reference the plants mentioned with other databases.
        >
        >This email list is more like a sounding board: "Did this work for you?"
        >
        >Best Wishes,
        >
        >Al
        >
        >My Urban Garden projects
        >http://urbanwild.diary-x.com