Re: [pfaf] Help Needed

  • Martin Naylor
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 29, 2005
      i agree with this, one of the problems with people who have information is to release it, information is power, however this will be replaced with the creative use of information and that will be where the new power lies, c'mon google get those 10 million books on line

      ingrid glass <ingrid_glass@...> wrote:
      Hello,
      Unnecessarily harsh response!!! What's wrong with asking "did this work
      for you?" I'm interested in reading others' experiences of what did/didn't
      work for them, in addition to what the website has to offer, that's why I
      joined this list! Personal recommendation is often quicker & certainly more
      friendly(!) than cross-referencing databases for information (tho' I have
      nothing against this per se). Please, let's stay friendly! There's enough
      hostility in this world..... Ingrid

      >From: "A. A. Pasternak"
      >Subject: Re: [pfaf] Help Needed
      >Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 04:50:42 -0700
      >
      >Hi,
      >
      >Have you even looked at the PFAF website yet? http://www.pfaf.org/
      >
      >Thirty-seconds in I found this page:
      >http://www.pfaf.org/leaflets/ProbPlac.php
      > "Plants for Problem Places - North Facing Walls and Deep Shade"
      >
      >Read and cross-reference the plants mentioned with other databases.
      >
      >This email list is more like a sounding board: "Did this work for you?"
      >
      >Best Wishes,
      >
      >Al
      >
      >My Urban Garden projects
      >http://urbanwild.diary-x.com

      We'll help your hive really thrive (healthy tips for the whole family).
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/sjgFUD/0lQLAA/a8ILAA/bAOolB/TM

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • A. A. Pasternak
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 29, 2005
        Hi,

        Point taken. My apologies. I let my experiences with another person on
        a different list affect my response on this one.

        I could have offered help a different way:

        "On the pfaf website you can find this page.
        "Plants for Problem Places - North Facing Walls and Deep Shade"
        http://www.pfaf.org/leaflets/ProbPlac.php

        Maybe that will point you in the right direction."

        Nothing wrong with asking "did this work for you?"
        What I was trying to say is once you have a plant in mind to use, this list
        is an excellent
        resource to know how and what worked.

        Regards,

        Al

        My Urban Garden projects
        http://urbanwild.diary-x.com
        Items wanted and Thanks
        http://tinyurl.com/3vsuc
        Unnecessarily harsh response!!! What's wrong with asking "did this work
        for you?" I'm interested in reading others' experiences of what did/didn't
        work for them, in addition to what the website has to offer, that's why I
        joined this list! Personal recommendation is often quicker & certainly more
        friendly(!) than cross-referencing databases for information (tho' I have
        nothing against this per se). Please, let's stay friendly! There's enough
        hostility in this world..... Ingrid

        >From: "A. A. Pasternak" <aap@...>
        >To: <pfaf@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: Re: [pfaf] Help Needed
        >Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 04:50:42 -0700
        >
        >Hi,
        >
        >Have you even looked at the PFAF website yet? http://www.pfaf.org/
        >
        >Thirty-seconds in I found this page:
        >http://www.pfaf.org/leaflets/ProbPlac.php
        > "Plants for Problem Places - North Facing Walls and Deep Shade"
        >
        >Read and cross-reference the plants mentioned with other databases.
        >
        >This email list is more like a sounding board: "Did this work for you?"
        >
        >Best Wishes,
        >
        >Al
        >
        >My Urban Garden projects
        >http://urbanwild.diary-x.com

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • andi wiltshire

              Unnecessarily harsh response!!! What's wrong with asking "did this work
          for you?" I'm interested in reading others' experiences of what did/didn't
          work for them, in addition to what the website has to offer, that's why I
          joined this list! Personal recommendation is often quicker & certainly more
          friendly(!) than cross-referencing databases for information (tho' I have
          nothing against this per se). Please, let's stay friendly! There's enough
          hostility in this world.....        Ingrid

          >From: "A. A. Pasternak" <aap@...>
          >To: <pfaf@yahoogroups.com>
          >Subject: Re: [pfaf] Help Needed
          >Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 04:50:42 -0700
          >
          >Hi,
          >
          >Have you even looked at the PFAF website yet? http://www.pfaf.org/
          >
          >Thirty-seconds in I found this page:
          >http://www.pfaf.org/leaflets/ProbPlac.php
          >  "Plants for Problem Places - North Facing Walls and Deep Shade"
          >
          >Read and cross-reference the plants mentioned with other databases.
          >
          >This email list is more like a sounding board: "Did this work for you?"
          >
          >Best Wishes,
          >
          >Al
          >
          >My Urban Garden projects
          >http://urbanwild.diary-x.com