Help Needed

  • andiw30
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 12, 2005
      Can anyone suggest some plants for a north facing garden, no light and
      clay and shaded by leylandi??
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 12, 2005
        Any plants,
        or edible ones only ??

        Cold hardy ? , or where in the world are you ??

        Start with Hosta spp,
        and if not too dry, Matteuccia struthiopteris.
        and Lonicera coerulea edulis ...

        Geir Flatabø

        andiw30 skrev:

        >Can anyone suggest some plants for a north facing garden, no light and
        >clay and shaded by leylandi??
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • andi wiltshire
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 13, 2005
          We live in Bristol UK. Any plants but some edible ones would be nice, hosta is eaten by our friendly snails.

          andiw30 skrev:

          >Can anyone suggest some plants for a north facing garden, no light and
          >clay and shaded by leylandi??
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • A. A. Pasternak
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 28, 2005
            Hi,

            Have you even looked at the PFAF website yet? http://www.pfaf.org/

            Thirty-seconds in I found this page:
            http://www.pfaf.org/leaflets/ProbPlac.php
            "Plants for Problem Places - North Facing Walls and Deep Shade"

            Read and cross-reference the plants mentioned with other databases.

            This email list is more like a sounding board: "Did this work for you?"

            Best Wishes,

            Al

            My Urban Garden projects
            http://urbanwild.diary-x.com

            andiw30 skrev:

            >Can anyone suggest some plants for a north facing garden, no light and
            >clay and shaded by leylandi??
            >

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

            Yahoo! Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with
            voicemail

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            Visit your group "pfaf" on the web.

          • ingrid glass
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 29, 2005
              Hello,
              Unnecessarily harsh response!!! What's wrong with asking "did this work
              for you?" I'm interested in reading others' experiences of what did/didn't
              work for them, in addition to what the website has to offer, that's why I
              joined this list! Personal recommendation is often quicker & certainly more
              friendly(!) than cross-referencing databases for information (tho' I have
              nothing against this per se). Please, let's stay friendly! There's enough
              hostility in this world..... Ingrid

              >From: "A. A. Pasternak" <aap@...>
              >To: <pfaf@yahoogroups.com>
              >Subject: Re: [pfaf] Help Needed
              >Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 04:50:42 -0700
              >
              >Hi,
              >
              >Have you even looked at the PFAF website yet? http://www.pfaf.org/
              >
              >Thirty-seconds in I found this page:
              >http://www.pfaf.org/leaflets/ProbPlac.php
              > "Plants for Problem Places - North Facing Walls and Deep Shade"
              >
              >Read and cross-reference the plants mentioned with other databases.
              >
              >This email list is more like a sounding board: "Did this work for you?"
              >
              >Best Wishes,
              >
              >Al
              >
              >My Urban Garden projects
              >http://urbanwild.diary-x.com

            • Martin Naylor
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 29, 2005
                i agree with this, one of the problems with people who have information is to release it, information is power, however this will be replaced with the creative use of information and that will be where the new power lies, c'mon google get those 10 million books on line

                ingrid glass <ingrid_glass@...> wrote:
                Hello,
                Unnecessarily harsh response!!! What's wrong with asking "did this work
                for you?" I'm interested in reading others' experiences of what did/didn't
                work for them, in addition to what the website has to offer, that's why I
                joined this list! Personal recommendation is often quicker & certainly more
                friendly(!) than cross-referencing databases for information (tho' I have
                nothing against this per se). Please, let's stay friendly! There's enough
                hostility in this world..... Ingrid

                >From: "A. A. Pasternak"
                >Subject: Re: [pfaf] Help Needed
                >Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 04:50:42 -0700
                >
                >Hi,
                >
                >Have you even looked at the PFAF website yet? http://www.pfaf.org/
                >
                >Thirty-seconds in I found this page:
                >http://www.pfaf.org/leaflets/ProbPlac.php
                > "Plants for Problem Places - North Facing Walls and Deep Shade"
                >
                >Read and cross-reference the plants mentioned with other databases.
                >
                >This email list is more like a sounding board: "Did this work for you?"
                >
                >Best Wishes,
                >
                >Al
                >
                >My Urban Garden projects
                >http://urbanwild.diary-x.com

                We'll help your hive really thrive (healthy tips for the whole family).
                http://us.click.yahoo.com/sjgFUD/0lQLAA/a8ILAA/bAOolB/TM

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                Do you Yahoo!?
              • A. A. Pasternak
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 29, 2005
                  Hi,

                  Point taken. My apologies. I let my experiences with another person on
                  a different list affect my response on this one.

                  I could have offered help a different way:

                  "On the pfaf website you can find this page.
                  "Plants for Problem Places - North Facing Walls and Deep Shade"
                  http://www.pfaf.org/leaflets/ProbPlac.php

                  Maybe that will point you in the right direction."

                  Nothing wrong with asking "did this work for you?"
                  What I was trying to say is once you have a plant in mind to use, this list
                  is an excellent
                  resource to know how and what worked.

                  Regards,

                  Al

                  My Urban Garden projects
                  http://urbanwild.diary-x.com
                  Items wanted and Thanks
                  http://tinyurl.com/3vsuc
                  Unnecessarily harsh response!!! What's wrong with asking "did this work
                  for you?" I'm interested in reading others' experiences of what did/didn't
                  work for them, in addition to what the website has to offer, that's why I
                  joined this list! Personal recommendation is often quicker & certainly more
                  friendly(!) than cross-referencing databases for information (tho' I have
                  nothing against this per se). Please, let's stay friendly! There's enough
                  hostility in this world..... Ingrid

                  >From: "A. A. Pasternak" <aap@...>
                  >To: <pfaf@yahoogroups.com>
                  >Subject: Re: [pfaf] Help Needed
                  >Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 04:50:42 -0700
                  >
                  >Hi,
                  >
                  >Have you even looked at the PFAF website yet? http://www.pfaf.org/
                  >
                  >Thirty-seconds in I found this page:
                  >http://www.pfaf.org/leaflets/ProbPlac.php
                  > "Plants for Problem Places - North Facing Walls and Deep Shade"
                  >
                  >Read and cross-reference the plants mentioned with other databases.
                  >
                  >This email list is more like a sounding board: "Did this work for you?"
                  >
                  >Best Wishes,
                  >
                  >Al
                  >
                  >My Urban Garden projects
                  >http://urbanwild.diary-x.com

                  Yahoo! Groups Links
                • andi wiltshire

                        Unnecessarily harsh response!!! What's wrong with asking "did this work
                    for you?" I'm interested in reading others' experiences of what did/didn't
                    work for them, in addition to what the website has to offer, that's why I
                    joined this list! Personal recommendation is often quicker & certainly more
                    friendly(!) than cross-referencing databases for information (tho' I have
                    nothing against this per se). Please, let's stay friendly! There's enough
                    hostility in this world.....        Ingrid

                    >From: "A. A. Pasternak" <aap@...>
                    >To: <pfaf@yahoogroups.com>
                    >Subject: Re: [pfaf] Help Needed
                    >Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 04:50:42 -0700
                    >
                    >Hi,
                    >
                    >Have you even looked at the PFAF website yet? http://www.pfaf.org/
                    >
                    >Thirty-seconds in I found this page:
                    >http://www.pfaf.org/leaflets/ProbPlac.php
                    >  "Plants for Problem Places - North Facing Walls and Deep Shade"
                    >
                    >Read and cross-reference the plants mentioned with other databases.
                    >
                    >This email list is more like a sounding board: "Did this work for you?"
                    >
                    >Best Wishes,
                    >
                    >Al
                    >
                    >My Urban Garden projects
                    >http://urbanwild.diary-x.com