[Fwd: Re: australian revegetation habitat]

  • Richard Morris
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28 5:19 AM
      A dit more about the project - Rich

      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: Re: australian revegetation habitat
      Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 21:39:02 +1200
      From: Marion Gorr <marion@...>
      To: Richard Morris <webmaster@...>

      Dear Richard

      Yes I spend a lot of time at the garden, building up the soil and
      encouraging a permaculture situation - the animals we have are alpacas
      they are great on the Australian soils as their feet are not hooved, so
      they don't break the soil down, I use the fleece and am a professional
      dye maker, so the fleece gets blended with silk and dyed,

      We have an orchard that is producing fruit and also herbs and flowers
      round the houses.

      Out toilet systems in the three main houses are all waterless, and we
      focus on water conservation issue. We have many species of frogs here,
      they live all over the place and turn up inside as well.

      We have guests stay regularly in the guest house and I facilitate
      textile workshops. Some of the guests come to see how a waterless
      toilet works as we are very dry in Australia, however toilet technology
      os all water waste system based. People come to give their children a
      non consumer type holiday just being in the country feeding the free
      range chickens and having fresh air.

      Cheers

      marion