Re: [pfaf] four questions

  • Richard Morris
    Message 1 of 3 , May 26, 2005
      mitch triplett wrote:
      > Hello.
      >
      > 1) Are the zones listed in the "physical characteristics" US Hardiness
      > Zones?

      Yes.

      > 2) Is the download version the US version?

      The data on the downloads is a bit more upto date.

      There is some info on the US site which comes from third party sources
      which is not included in the downloads.

      > 3) Are all six versions of the database included in the download version of
      > the database?

      All six are avaliable for download.

      > 4) how large is the file to be downloaded?

      8 to 25 MB depending on version.

      > Thanks!

      Hope that helps.

      Rich
    • mitch triplett
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 11 7:21 AM
        Hi Richard.

        Thanks for the info. I'd like to order a copy of the Plants for a Future
        U.S. database on CDR as well as a copy of the book. Can I send you a check
        in pound sterling from a U.S. bank - probably Bank of America? If so, what
        would the amount be for one book and one U.S. database on CDR plus shipping?

        Cheers.

        Mitch

        > 1) Are the zones listed in the "physical characteristics" US Hardiness
        > Zones?

        Yes.

        > 2) Is the download version the US version?

        The data on the downloads is a bit more upto date.

        There is some info on the US site which comes from third party sources
        which is not included in the downloads.

        > 3) Are all six versions of the database included in the download version
        of
        > the database?

        All six are avaliable for download.

        > 4) how large is the file to be downloaded?

        8 to 25 MB depending on version.

        > Thanks!

        Hope that helps.

        Rich