Re: [pfaf] four questions

  • Richard Morris
    Message 1 of 3 , May 26, 2005
      mitch triplett wrote:
      > Hello.
      >
      > 1) Are the zones listed in the "physical characteristics" US Hardiness
      > Zones?

      Yes.

      > 2) Is the download version the US version?

      The data on the downloads is a bit more upto date.

      There is some info on the US site which comes from third party sources
      which is not included in the downloads.

      > 3) Are all six versions of the database included in the download version of
      > the database?

      All six are avaliable for download.

      > 4) how large is the file to be downloaded?

      8 to 25 MB depending on version.

      > Thanks!

      Hope that helps.

      Rich
    • mitch triplett
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 25, 2005
        Hello.

        1) Are the zones listed in the "physical characteristics" US Hardiness
        Zones?
        2) Is the download version the US version?
        3) Are all six versions of the database included in the download version of
        the database?
        4) how large is the file to be downloaded?

        Thanks!

        Mitch Triplett
        Oakland, CA
        USA

        I didn't vote for him, and I've been protesting ever since his selection.
      • mitch triplett
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 11, 2005
          Hi Richard.

          Thanks for the info. I'd like to order a copy of the Plants for a Future
          U.S. database on CDR as well as a copy of the book. Can I send you a check
          in pound sterling from a U.S. bank - probably Bank of America? If so, what
          would the amount be for one book and one U.S. database on CDR plus shipping?

          Cheers.

          Mitch

          > 1) Are the zones listed in the "physical characteristics" US Hardiness
          > Zones?

          Yes.

          > 2) Is the download version the US version?

          The data on the downloads is a bit more upto date.

          There is some info on the US site which comes from third party sources
          which is not included in the downloads.

          > 3) Are all six versions of the database included in the download version
          of
          > the database?

          All six are avaliable for download.

          > 4) how large is the file to be downloaded?

          8 to 25 MB depending on version.

          > Thanks!

          Hope that helps.

          Rich