Re: [pfaf] Re: [PermacultureWoodlands] WHY WE NEED WILD LAND

  • Diana Santry
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 23, 2005
      Andy-
      My apologies for the delay in answering this..people
      around here are using goats to eat the blackberry too!
      It's a great plan! Rent-a goat! Also, we've just
      heard that a disease is attacking some of the berries
      in Oregon, possibly will affect the non-natives,
      possibly will affect natives to.. too early to tell
      what will happen, but interesting.
      We have a little of the multi flora rose,
      also-probably not nearly as much as you have. I
      guess the government handed that out years back as a
      fencing material to encourage livestock. Is that
      true?
      The amount of invasive blackberry and english ivy is
      stunning around here.
      I volunteer some weekends for SOLV (stop Oregon litter
      and vandalism) a large organization that also has
      enouraged 'stream teams'- we get out and remove
      invasive plants and replant natives around
      streams-especially salmon spawning areas. There's
      also a group called the 'no ivy league' which is
      helping remove ivy from our forests where it will kill
      huge amounts of trees. I like the goat plan best
      *smile*
      Thanks for your comment.
      Diana

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs