Re: [pfaf] Access to perennial seeds

  • Richard Morris
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 26, 2005
      MODEKA@... wrote:
      > In a message dated 7/25/2005 1:53:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      > aap@... writes:
      >
      > perennial plants
      >
      > I didn't originate this message yet feel the need to respond. I am
      > personally looking for perennial plants that will flourish in western
      > new york. Partial shade or full sun, varying heights, varying width,
      > yada, yada ;o)

      Indeed there is a great need for info on where to get plant suppliers.

      I'm hoping to redo the pfaf links pages to include more links to
      suppliers, and match it possible for people to submit a link.

      In the mean time, the old links pages are back on line
      http://www.pfaf.org/links/linksOld1.php
      and the list of plant suppliers

      If anyone know of good plant suppliers, please let us know.

      An idea for the future is to try any tie in the database pages with
      suppliers of those plants. What do people think.

      Best

      Rich

      --
      Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
      Web: http://www.pfaf.org/
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 26, 2005
        Thanks, Rich. That's a great idea.
        George

        --- Richard Morris <webmaster@...> wrote:

        > In the mean time, the old links pages are back on
        > line
        > http://www.pfaf.org/links/linksOld1.php
        > and the list of plant suppliers
        >
        > If anyone know of good plant suppliers, please let
        > us know.
        >
        > An idea for the future is to try any tie in the
        > database pages with
        > suppliers of those plants. What do people think.
        >
        > Best
        >
        > Rich

        A huge part of the illusion surrounding the cheap oil era is that
        the only alternative to modernity is the stone age.

        Check out Dr. Williams' Proposal for a Solar Tower
        http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/mogiljan
        To obtain three pdf files (600k) -
        send your Yahoo ID only to download; or I will send via email attachment.
        http://www.geocities.com/mogiljan/SustainableFuture.html

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Kattia Wong
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 8, 2005
          Al,
          sorry i should have been more specific. Its the perennial vegetable
          seeds that feature in an article straight from the home page that im
          looking for.
          I'd like to support the suggestion for suppliers to be added to the
          database.That would be a most valuable edition.
          Kattia
          --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "A. A. Pasternak" <aap@g...> wrote:
          > Kattia,
          >
          > With over 7000 plants listed nobody is going to have everything.
          Which plant seeds are you looking for?

          > Al

        • A. A. Pasternak
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 8, 2005
            Hi Kattia,

            Because of pfaf's non-traditional focus, it will be hard to determine who is the best supplier for what plants they promote.

            Here a list of catalogs from every seed company that can be found.

            And here is a list of forums of garden people.
            Many people love to exchange information about where they got
            seeds / plants etc

            Also check the local www.freecycle.org in your area. Make a group, if you don't have one.

            Best wishes,

            Al

            My Urban Garden projects
            http://urbanwild.diary-x.com
            Items wanted and Thanks
            http://tinyurl.com/3vsuc
            sorry i should have been more specific. Its the perennial vegetable
            seeds that feature in an article straight from the home page that im
            looking for.
            I'd like to support the suggestion for suppliers to be added to the
            database.That would be a most valuable edition.
            Kattia
            --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "A. A. Pasternak" <aap@g...> wrote:
            > Kattia,
            >
            > With over 7000 plants listed nobody is going to have everything.
            Which plant seeds are you looking for?

            > Al

          • kate bradley