Re: [pfaf] Access to perennial seeds

  • A. A. Pasternak
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 25, 2005
      Hi,

      C'mon people.

      First you have to what will grow best there....

      It is not hard to figure out....

      Al

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 26, 2005
        MODEKA@... wrote:
        > In a message dated 7/25/2005 1:53:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        > aap@... writes:
        >
        > perennial plants
        >
        > I didn't originate this message yet feel the need to respond. I am
        > personally looking for perennial plants that will flourish in western
        > new york. Partial shade or full sun, varying heights, varying width,
        > yada, yada ;o)

        Indeed there is a great need for info on where to get plant suppliers.

        I'm hoping to redo the pfaf links pages to include more links to
        suppliers, and match it possible for people to submit a link.

        In the mean time, the old links pages are back on line
        http://www.pfaf.org/links/linksOld1.php
        and the list of plant suppliers

        If anyone know of good plant suppliers, please let us know.

        An idea for the future is to try any tie in the database pages with
        suppliers of those plants. What do people think.

        Best

        Rich

        --
        Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
        Web: http://www.pfaf.org/
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 26, 2005
          Thanks, Rich. That's a great idea.
          George

          --- Richard Morris <webmaster@...> wrote:

          > In the mean time, the old links pages are back on
          > line
          > http://www.pfaf.org/links/linksOld1.php
          > and the list of plant suppliers
          >
          > If anyone know of good plant suppliers, please let
          > us know.
          >
          > An idea for the future is to try any tie in the
          > database pages with
          > suppliers of those plants. What do people think.
          >
          > Best
          >
          > Rich

          A huge part of the illusion surrounding the cheap oil era is that
          the only alternative to modernity is the stone age.

          Check out Dr. Williams' Proposal for a Solar Tower
          http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/mogiljan
          To obtain three pdf files (600k) -
          send your Yahoo ID only to download; or I will send via email attachment.
          http://www.geocities.com/mogiljan/SustainableFuture.html

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Kattia Wong
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 8 1:31 AM
            Al,
            sorry i should have been more specific. Its the perennial vegetable
            seeds that feature in an article straight from the home page that im
            looking for.
            I'd like to support the suggestion for suppliers to be added to the
            database.That would be a most valuable edition.
            Kattia
            --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "A. A. Pasternak" <aap@g...> wrote:
            > Kattia,
            >
            > With over 7000 plants listed nobody is going to have everything.
            Which plant seeds are you looking for?

            > Al

          • A. A. Pasternak
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 8 9:15 AM
              Hi Kattia,

              Because of pfaf's non-traditional focus, it will be hard to determine who is the best supplier for what plants they promote.

              Here a list of catalogs from every seed company that can be found.

              And here is a list of forums of garden people.
              Many people love to exchange information about where they got
              seeds / plants etc

              Also check the local www.freecycle.org in your area. Make a group, if you don't have one.

              Best wishes,

              Al

              My Urban Garden projects
              http://urbanwild.diary-x.com
              Items wanted and Thanks
              http://tinyurl.com/3vsuc
              sorry i should have been more specific. Its the perennial vegetable
              seeds that feature in an article straight from the home page that im
              looking for.
              I'd like to support the suggestion for suppliers to be added to the
              database.That would be a most valuable edition.
              Kattia
              --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "A. A. Pasternak" <aap@g...> wrote:
              > Kattia,
              >
              > With over 7000 plants listed nobody is going to have everything.
              Which plant seeds are you looking for?

              > Al

            • kate bradley
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 17, 2006
                Thank you for being so helpful with a lot of hard to find information. Very much appreciated!
                                                                        Kate