Re: [pfaf] Access to perennial seeds

  • MODEKA@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 25 1:34 PM
      In a message dated 7/25/2005 1:53:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, aap@... writes:
      perennial plants
      I didn't originate this message yet feel the need to respond.  I am personally looking for perennial plants that will flourish in western new york.  Partial shade or full sun, varying heights, varying width, yada, yada ;o)
    • A. A. Pasternak
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 25 11:27 PM
        Hi,

        C'mon people.

        First you have to what will grow best there....

        It is not hard to figure out....

        Al

        I didn't originate this message yet feel the need to respond.  I am personally looking for perennial plants that will flourish in western new york.  Partial shade or full sun, varying heights, varying width, yada, yada ;o)
      • Richard Morris
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 26 7:36 AM
          MODEKA@... wrote:
          > In a message dated 7/25/2005 1:53:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
          > aap@... writes:
          >
          > perennial plants
          >
          > I didn't originate this message yet feel the need to respond. I am
          > personally looking for perennial plants that will flourish in western
          > new york. Partial shade or full sun, varying heights, varying width,
          > yada, yada ;o)

          Indeed there is a great need for info on where to get plant suppliers.

          I'm hoping to redo the pfaf links pages to include more links to
          suppliers, and match it possible for people to submit a link.

          In the mean time, the old links pages are back on line
          http://www.pfaf.org/links/linksOld1.php
          and the list of plant suppliers

          If anyone know of good plant suppliers, please let us know.

          An idea for the future is to try any tie in the database pages with
          suppliers of those plants. What do people think.

          Best

          Rich

          --
          Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
          Web: http://www.pfaf.org/
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 26 10:04 AM
            Thanks, Rich. That's a great idea.
            George

            --- Richard Morris <webmaster@...> wrote:

            > In the mean time, the old links pages are back on
            > line
            > http://www.pfaf.org/links/linksOld1.php
            > and the list of plant suppliers
            >
            > If anyone know of good plant suppliers, please let
            > us know.
            >
            > An idea for the future is to try any tie in the
            > database pages with
            > suppliers of those plants. What do people think.
            >
            > Best
            >
            > Rich

            A huge part of the illusion surrounding the cheap oil era is that
            the only alternative to modernity is the stone age.

            Check out Dr. Williams' Proposal for a Solar Tower
            http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/mogiljan
            To obtain three pdf files (600k) -
            send your Yahoo ID only to download; or I will send via email attachment.
            http://www.geocities.com/mogiljan/SustainableFuture.html

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Kattia Wong
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 8, 2005
              Al,
              sorry i should have been more specific. Its the perennial vegetable
              seeds that feature in an article straight from the home page that im
              looking for.
              I'd like to support the suggestion for suppliers to be added to the
              database.That would be a most valuable edition.
              Kattia
              --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "A. A. Pasternak" <aap@g...> wrote:
              > Kattia,
              >
              > With over 7000 plants listed nobody is going to have everything.
              Which plant seeds are you looking for?

              > Al

            • A. A. Pasternak
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 8, 2005
                Hi Kattia,

                Because of pfaf's non-traditional focus, it will be hard to determine who is the best supplier for what plants they promote.

                Here a list of catalogs from every seed company that can be found.

                And here is a list of forums of garden people.
                Many people love to exchange information about where they got
                seeds / plants etc

                Also check the local www.freecycle.org in your area. Make a group, if you don't have one.

                Best wishes,

                Al

                My Urban Garden projects
                http://urbanwild.diary-x.com
                Items wanted and Thanks
                http://tinyurl.com/3vsuc
                sorry i should have been more specific. Its the perennial vegetable
                seeds that feature in an article straight from the home page that im
                looking for.
                I'd like to support the suggestion for suppliers to be added to the
                database.That would be a most valuable edition.
                Kattia
                --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "A. A. Pasternak" <aap@g...> wrote:
                > Kattia,
                >
                > With over 7000 plants listed nobody is going to have everything.
                Which plant seeds are you looking for?

                > Al

              • kate bradley
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 17, 2006
                  Thank you for being so helpful with a lot of hard to find information. Very much appreciated!
                                                                          Kate