Access to perennial seeds

  • Kattia Wong
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 25, 2005
      Where can i purchase seeds of the perennial plants mentioned on the
      PFAF web site?
    • A. A. Pasternak
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 25, 2005
        Kattia,

        With over 7000 plants listed nobody is going to have everything. Which plant seeds are you looking for?

        Al
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 25, 2005
          In a message dated 7/25/2005 1:53:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, aap@... writes:
          perennial plants
          I didn't originate this message yet feel the need to respond.  I am personally looking for perennial plants that will flourish in western new york.  Partial shade or full sun, varying heights, varying width, yada, yada ;o)
        • A. A. Pasternak
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 25, 2005
            Hi,

            C'mon people.

            First you have to what will grow best there....

            It is not hard to figure out....

            Al

            I didn't originate this message yet feel the need to respond.  I am personally looking for perennial plants that will flourish in western new york.  Partial shade or full sun, varying heights, varying width, yada, yada ;o)
          • Richard Morris
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 26, 2005
              MODEKA@... wrote:
              > In a message dated 7/25/2005 1:53:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
              > aap@... writes:
              >
              > perennial plants
              >
              > I didn't originate this message yet feel the need to respond. I am
              > personally looking for perennial plants that will flourish in western
              > new york. Partial shade or full sun, varying heights, varying width,
              > yada, yada ;o)

              Indeed there is a great need for info on where to get plant suppliers.

              I'm hoping to redo the pfaf links pages to include more links to
              suppliers, and match it possible for people to submit a link.

              In the mean time, the old links pages are back on line
              http://www.pfaf.org/links/linksOld1.php
              and the list of plant suppliers

              If anyone know of good plant suppliers, please let us know.

              An idea for the future is to try any tie in the database pages with
              suppliers of those plants. What do people think.

              Best

              Rich

              --
              Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
              Web: http://www.pfaf.org/
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 26, 2005
                Thanks, Rich. That's a great idea.
                George

                --- Richard Morris <webmaster@...> wrote:

                > In the mean time, the old links pages are back on
                > line
                > http://www.pfaf.org/links/linksOld1.php
                > and the list of plant suppliers
                >
                > If anyone know of good plant suppliers, please let
                > us know.
                >
                > An idea for the future is to try any tie in the
                > database pages with
                > suppliers of those plants. What do people think.
                >
                > Best
                >
                > Rich

                A huge part of the illusion surrounding the cheap oil era is that
                the only alternative to modernity is the stone age.

                Check out Dr. Williams' Proposal for a Solar Tower
                http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/mogiljan
                To obtain three pdf files (600k) -
                send your Yahoo ID only to download; or I will send via email attachment.
                http://www.geocities.com/mogiljan/SustainableFuture.html

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Kattia Wong
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 8, 2005
                  Al,
                  sorry i should have been more specific. Its the perennial vegetable
                  seeds that feature in an article straight from the home page that im
                  looking for.
                  I'd like to support the suggestion for suppliers to be added to the
                  database.That would be a most valuable edition.
                  Kattia
                  --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "A. A. Pasternak" <aap@g...> wrote:
                  > Kattia,
                  >
                  > With over 7000 plants listed nobody is going to have everything.
                  Which plant seeds are you looking for?

                  > Al

                • A. A. Pasternak
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 8, 2005
                    Hi Kattia,

                    Because of pfaf's non-traditional focus, it will be hard to determine who is the best supplier for what plants they promote.

                    Here a list of catalogs from every seed company that can be found.

                    And here is a list of forums of garden people.
                    Many people love to exchange information about where they got
                    seeds / plants etc

                    Also check the local www.freecycle.org in your area. Make a group, if you don't have one.

                    Best wishes,

                    Al

                    My Urban Garden projects
                    http://urbanwild.diary-x.com
                    Items wanted and Thanks
                    http://tinyurl.com/3vsuc
                    sorry i should have been more specific. Its the perennial vegetable
                    seeds that feature in an article straight from the home page that im
                    looking for.
                    I'd like to support the suggestion for suppliers to be added to the
                    database.That would be a most valuable edition.
                    Kattia
                    --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "A. A. Pasternak" <aap@g...> wrote:
                    > Kattia,
                    >
                    > With over 7000 plants listed nobody is going to have everything.
                    Which plant seeds are you looking for?

                    > Al

                  • kate bradley
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 17, 2006
                      Thank you for being so helpful with a lot of hard to find information. Very much appreciated!
                                                                              Kate