Re: Eat runner bean seeds?

  • Mell
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 19, 2005
      Runner beans are edible, if there are any "inedible" varieties I sure
      haven't heard of it.
    • ewt
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 25, 2005
        I agree. I think the reason you don't find dried runner bean seeds
        much is that they are quite yummy eaten when young, but I don't see
        why you couldn't soak and eat the ripened dried seeds.

        Of course, if you're getting them from a seed packet rather than from
        your garden and they aren't organic then you shouldn't eat them
        because the seeds may well have been coated with fungicides and
        pesticides which could do you a lot of harm.

        ewt