Open Day at the Field

  • Richard Morris
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9 8:49 AM
      Plants for a Future

      Are pleased to announce the recommencement of our

      Open Days

      At The Field, Penpol, Lostwithiel, Cornwall.
      Tel 01208 873554

      Every Sunday from the 31st July to the end of August
      Then every 1st and 3rd Sunday each month until the end of November.

      From 1330 hrs until 1800 hrs.

      Guided Tour Commences at 1400 hrs sharp.

      After several years where, due to ill health, little work has been
      carried out on our demonstration gardens, we are now in the process
      of restoring them and are inviting people to come along and see how
      the work is progressing.

      This will be your opportunity to be given a guided tour of the land,
      usually by one of the founding members of Plants for a Future. You
      will be able to see and taste many of the unusual food plants we
      grow, plus see many other interesting plants and learn more about how
      and why we grow them.

      At the end of the tour people will be offered herbal teas and a
      special PFAF salad made from many of the food plants on the land.
      There will also be the opportunity for you to ask for specific
      gardening advice and to purchase books, information sheets and some
      of the plants you have seen. In addition, on many of the Sundays
      there will be music and singing from one of the members of Plants for
      a Future.

      Tours will cost £7 per adult, accompanied children under 16 are free.
      There will be a car parking fee of £2 per motor vehicle – anyone
      arriving by foot or bicycle will be given a £2 reduction on the cost
      of a tour.

      Please note we are all volunteers here and all money raised will be
      used to maintain the land and improve it as an educational resource.