Re: [pfaf] Re: Cissus populnea

  • hill8628
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 23, 2002
      I was unable to find the particular plant you are inquiring about what I
      did find was:

      CISSUS
      Vitaceae

      Shrubs really, but with all the appearance of a vine, the several
      hundred members of the CISSUS group are greatly favored for ground cover
      in warm semi-shade places with deep rich soil and as sturdy pot plants
      for home and greenhouses in cold climates. CISSUS is easily propagated
      form spring cuttings and will scramble over old log and rocks by means
      of tough tendrils. Plenty of water an regular weak liquid manure give
      the best leaf coloration.

      CISSUS rhombifolia

      Grape Ivy
      Shrub 2 ft
      WHERE: South America
      GROWS: All Year
      Subtropical

      from WHAT FLOWER IS THAT? by Stirling Macoboy

      Not exactly what you needed but maybe it will give you a start.

      Jackie from NY
      Hill8628@...

      "This garment is made from 100 percent natural fibers. Any irregularity
      or variation is not to be considered defective. Imperfections enhance
      the beauty of the fabric."
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 23, 2002
        oursaviours wrote:

        > Hi there,
        > I was surfing the web searching for information on a particular medicinal
        > plant that is said to have pro-fertility effects. I came across your site
        > buy did not get the info I desired, so I decided to mail you and see if you
        > could furnish me with the info I desire. My name is Tsuwa Thompson and I am
        > a post graduate student of the dept. of Biochemistry, University of Lagos,
        > Nigeria. The plant I am interested in is called Cissus populnea.
        > Any info pertaining to its phytochemical make-up, growth conditions,
        > medicinal properties, etc. would be of great help.
        >
        > Hope to hear from you soonest, my need is urgent.
        >
        > Yours truly,
        > Tsuwa.

        We don't have that plant in our database, but we do have some other
        plants in the same genus. You can see these at
        http://localhost/scripts/find_lat.exe?LAT=Cissus

        I've also forward this the the pfaf mailing list
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pfaf
        hopefully someone there might know something more.

        All the best

        Rich
        --
        Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
        Main Site: Blagdon Cross, Ashwater, Beaworthy, Devon, EX21 5DF, England