Re: OT Help Wanted- Compost Toilet Building Weekend, North Essex

  • quercusrobur2002
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 13, 2002
      > As it happens there are also plans to build one at the pfaf site
      > in Cornwall. Help, advice for that much appreciated.
      >
      > Personally, I really like the tree bog idea. Here there is a raised
      > platform with a enclosed area below. Willows are planted round it
      > and these suck up all the nutrients converting it into wood.
      > We've three of these at our Devon site which seem to be doing very
      > well.
      >
      > A big debate on the pros and cons of each is underway here at
      > the moment.

      Hi rich-

      It would be great if you could feed back the outcomes of your
      discussions, also any sources of designs for various types of compost
      loos etc...

      Do you know if the CAT book on compost loos includes designs that can
      be easily followed for woodworking skills-devoid lunkheads like
      myself??

      cheers Graham