Re: [pfaf] OT Help Wanted- Compost Toilet Building Weekend, North Essex

  • Richard Morris
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 13, 2002
      quercusrobur2002 wrote:

      > Hi all
      >
      > Anybody interested in setting up a compost toilet building weekend at
      > the Dial
      > House Centre for Alternative Globalisation
      > http://www.southern.net/southern/band/CRASS/index2.html ?

      As it happens there are also plans to build one at the pfaf site
      in Cornwall. Help, advice for that much appreciated.

      Personally, I really like the tree bog idea. Here there is a raised
      platform with a enclosed area below. Willows are planted round it
      and these suck up all the nutrients converting it into wood.
      We've three of these at our Devon site which seem to be doing very
      well.

      A big debate on the pros and cons of each is underway here at
      the moment.

      Rich
      --
      Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
      Main Site: Blagdon Cross, Ashwater, Beaworthy, Devon, EX21 5DF, England
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 13, 2002
        > As it happens there are also plans to build one at the pfaf site
        > in Cornwall. Help, advice for that much appreciated.
        >
        > Personally, I really like the tree bog idea. Here there is a raised
        > platform with a enclosed area below. Willows are planted round it
        > and these suck up all the nutrients converting it into wood.
        > We've three of these at our Devon site which seem to be doing very
        > well.
        >
        > A big debate on the pros and cons of each is underway here at
        > the moment.

        Hi rich-

        It would be great if you could feed back the outcomes of your
        discussions, also any sources of designs for various types of compost
        loos etc...

        Do you know if the CAT book on compost loos includes designs that can
        be easily followed for woodworking skills-devoid lunkheads like
        myself??

        cheers Graham