Re: [pfaf] Rhodiola

  • Liz Turner
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 6, 2005
      If you do a search on 'google.co.uk' lots of entries come up, the first one has lots of info from a reputable source, the American Botanical Council:

      Liz
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 6, 2005
        Greenland Eskimos have been reported to make some kind of "sauer kraut"
        in seal or / reindeer vombs out of rhodiola ( and other herbs), for
        winter use, as a C-vitamin source.

        Geir Flatabø

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 7, 2005
          My wife and her sister have both tried some Rhodiola commercial pills.
          They both lost the sleep, and stopped taking the pills.
          I have Rhodiola rosea on my turfed roof, and it is growing plentiful
          here in western Norway.
          It tastes rather acrid, but is a nice "alpine flower", standing both
          moisture and dry conditions.

          and it is a honey plant, but does not contribute in a large scale.

          Geir Flatabø